PHP versus ASP.net

N

news.microsoft.com

PHP versus Microsoft ASP.net - A Straightforward Comparison

"I do ask that you read this article with an open mind, and consider that it is quite possible that PHP is no better or worse than ASP.net. I have become weary of the whole PHP is superior to ASP.net debate. I believe after reading you may find that ASP.net has a lot to offer you as a developer, maybe more so than PHP.

We as business persons evaluate technology based on its merits, not on what software vendors claim. We look at the nuts and bolts of the technology and what it can and can't do. This article should not be construed as PHP bashing, it is far from that. What it does is debunk several PHP myths and shows that ASP.net can do what PHP does and then some. If PHP could do what we needed, we would of course use it. However ASP.net does what we need

and therefore we use it."

Read the full post. Final Score: PHP 3 and ASP.net 6

http://www.technoblogo.com/2007/07/17/PHP+Versus+Microsoft+ASPnet++A+Straightforward+Comparison.aspx

S

Scott M.

Is this newsgroup really the best forum for this? Did you have a C# quesiton?

"I do ask that you read this article with an open mind, and consider that it is quite possible that PHP is no better or worse than ASP.net. I have become weary of the whole PHP is superior to ASP.net debate. I believe after reading you may find that ASP.net has a lot to offer you as a developer, maybe more so than PHP.

We as business persons evaluate technology based on its merits, not on what software vendors claim. We look at the nuts and bolts of the technology and what it can and can't do. This article should not be construed as PHP bashing, it is far from that. What it does is debunk several PHP myths and shows that ASP.net can do what PHP does and then some. If PHP could do what we needed, we would of course use it. However ASP.net does what we need

http://www.technoblogo.com/2007/07/17/PHP+Versus+Microsoft+ASPnet++A+Straightforward+Comparison.aspx

I

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi,

Next time post with a OT prefix in the subject

N

news.microsoft.com

Will do thanks. My apologies for the intrusion.

Allen
"Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <machin TA laceupsolutions.com> wrote in message Hi,

Next time post with a OT prefix in the subject

Ask a Question