Windows XP PhotoGallery.msi on restart

Reaction score
windows is searching for photogallery at every start up. I do not find this on my computer or in my Windows XP disc. How do I get rid of it

Reaction score
barb47 said:
windows is searching for photogallery at every start up. I do not find this on my computer or in my Windows XP disc. How do I get rid of it

Hi Welcome to PCReview,

Did you try removing it from your program install/remove program page in the control panel or did you try your start up program page....all found in the control panel.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
yes, I went to remove programs and couldn't find it listed. Then I went to search and typed in photogallery. Not found.

Reaction score
barb47 said:
yes, I went to remove programs and couldn't find it listed. Then I went to search and typed in photogallery. Not found.

Hi,
This time try control panel/ admin tools/ system config and click on the start up tab. This will show what starts up with windows at start up. Hopefully you can just untick whatever ya dont want starting at start up. Be careful ya dont turn anything important off.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Well, I did get rid of it, but not quite that way. Your suggestion for start up I couldn't find it, but it was before I got this latest post. I have an HP printer and found that the error message appeared when I would try to start that image program. I tried finding it there with no luck, but did find and delete it through Windows Installer Clean up. Yeah, it's gone. Thanks for your help

Barb

Reaction score
barb47 said:
Well, I did get rid of it, but not quite that way. Your suggestion for start up I couldn't find it, but it was before I got this latest post. I have an HP printer and found that the error message appeared when I would try to start that image program. I tried finding it there with no luck, but did find and delete it through Windows Installer Clean up. Yeah, it's gone. Thanks for your help

Barb

When you installed the HP printer, were there any interuptions with the instalation ? In other wordds the the instalation complete succesfully ?
I'd suggest you re-install the printer and software...

Reaction score
barb47 said:

Barb

Glad you got sorted out anyway....now ya can introduce yourself on the intro page and say hello to everyone...;)

Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question