Phone Number Input Masks

J

Jason Graf

I have a piece of software that was written in Access 97. It allowed the user to enter a phone number via a form and was stored in a table with an input mask.

Fast forward to version 2003. The phone numbers are displayed in a report and are formatted correctly, except for the newest entries that show 10 digits with no formatting.

Is there any reason to think that the new version of Access is storing these numbers differently than the old version? The old numbers still display perfectly.

Any thoughts? -Jason

F

fredg

I have a piece of software that was written in Access 97. It allowed the user to enter a phone number via a form and was stored in a table with an input mask.

Fast forward to version 2003. The phone numbers are displayed in a report and are formatted correctly, except for the newest entries that show 10 digits with no formatting.

Is there any reason to think that the new version of Access is storing these numbers differently than the old version? The old numbers still display perfectly.

Any thoughts? -Jason

What is the exact mask used in the 2003 version?
I would suspect that the mask is not set up to store the mask with the
data in 2003.

Ask a Question