Is there a phone message template setup in Outlook. If not, how can i create
one. If there is one, where is it?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...fb10ac5a1&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

G

Sue, I have downloaded the While You Were Out and Vacation Request templates
and opened them in Outlood 2003, but I have not been able to figure out how
to convert them, or use them in this environment.

Any clues?

Bill
--
William H. George
VP, Operations
Quality Painting & Wallcoverings, Inc.

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No conversion is necessary. Usage is the same in any version. Basically, you open the .pst file in the download and read the instructions which will tell you how to install and use the form. Some of the command names, though, have changed or been relocated. For example, File | Open Special Folder" has changed to File | Open | Outlook Data File. Here are the instructions from the download site:

"To use it in Microsoft Outlook 97 start Microsoft Outlook, point to Open Special Folder on the File menu, and then click Personal Folder. To use it in Microsoft Outlook 98, start Microsoft Outlook, point to Open on the File menu, and then click Personal Folder (.pst).... The Open Personal Folders dialog will appear. Using this dialog, navigate to your Program Files directory. In that directory, select the Microsoft Office directory. In the Microsoft Office directory, select the Office directory. Within this directory, you'll find the Outlook form you downloaded and installed."

The While You Were Out.pst file will be in whatever Program Files\Microsoft Office subfolder points to your current version of Office. For Office 2003, that will be the Office11 folder.

Once you open that .pst file, display in the Folder List or Mail navigation pane, and select the While You Were Out folder. It will contain one item with detailed instructions on how to install and use the form in both Exchange and none-Exchange environments. The Manage Forms command that it refers to can be found in Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

G

That gave me the hints I needed to figure it out...thanks!
--
William H. George
VP, Operations
Quality Painting & Wallcoverings, Inc.

Ask a Question