Permission to delete messages but not the folder

SarahC

I was wondering if there was a way in Outlook to allow users access t
delete emails or move them to another folder but not allow them t
delete the actual folder itself?
We have had a problem where a user deleted a whole folder rather tha
an individual email and we would like to restrict the access.
If this is possible are there any restrictions on the version o
Ouloook that this functionality is available in?
Thanks
Sara

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I was wondering if there was a way in Outlook to allow users access to
delete emails or move them to another folder but not allow them to
delete the actual folder itself?
We have had a problem where a user deleted a whole folder rather than
an individual email and we would like to restrict the access.
If this is possible are there any restrictions on the version of
Ouloook that this functionality is available in?

If the folder is within the user's own data store (PST or mailbox), there is
no way to restrict the access. They can do what they wish with their own
data however ill-advised it may be.

SarahC

'Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook said:
;273679']"SarahC" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
-
I was wondering if there was a way in Outlook to allow users acces
delete emails or move them to another folder but not allow them to
delete the actual folder itself?
We have had a problem where a user deleted a whole folder rather than
an individual email and we would like to restrict the access.
If this is possible are there any restrictions on the version of
Ouloook that this functionality is available in?-

If the folder is within the user's own data store (PST or mailbox)
there is
no way to restrict the access. They can do what they wish with thei
own
data however ill-advised it may be.

The folder is in a shared email account, does this change anything?

Thank