Permission for FrontPage user

M.Siler

I have a Win2000 Server running IIS 5 that we are wanting to use for our
Intranet. There is a person in our office who I want to help with the
development of the pages. How do I give them permissions for this task? Is
it something that I do through FrontPage 2003, IIS, or AD?

Mark Fitzpatrick

You first create a user in the user manager, then you can open the site with
FrontPage and select Tools | Server | Permissions. Then you can add a user
as an author.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Vijay R Gangolli [MSFT]

Hi,

For giving restricted access permissions you could look at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301954 To give permissions to the Default
web site, you could use FrontPage->Tools->Server->Permissions option to do
the needful

Regards,
Vijay

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers
no rights

--------------------
| From: "M.Siler" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Permission for FrontPage user
| Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:31:46 -0500
| I have a Win2000 Server running IIS 5 that we are wanting to use for our
| Intranet. There is a person in our office who I want to help with the
| development of the pages. How do I give them permissions for this task?
Is
| it something that I do through FrontPage 2003, IIS, or AD?

M.Siler

Thank you... that worked perfectly!