Permission Denied When Accessing COM+ Component as Plain Domain User on 2003

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a problem running COM+ components on Windows 2003 that I haven't seen perviously.

If I log into the client workstation as a domain administrator, I can access the COM+ component absolutely fine. However, if I access it logged in as an ordinary domain user I get a permission denied 70 error. Otherwise, users can get access to the server fine and use shares on it. I've been through all the motions for this.

- The workstations and the server are a part of an Active Directory set up and authenticate against it.
- I've created roles for domain users against my COM+ components to ensure declarative security for them.

In the event log I've got authentication sucesses for the domain users from the workstations I'm using, so no failures there and nothing that would indicate any kind of other failure. None of my COM+ components implement programmatic security, or even have an Initialize routine. They're very, very simple components.

I've been through everything I can think of. The only remaining thing I can think of is if a setting in AD is stopping access, but I have absolutely no idea what that might be because it could be just about anything. I think I've exhausted everything in Component Services, but if anyone has any other ideas that would be great because I can't believe I'm the only one to see an error 70 like this.

Thanks a lot.

Ask a Question