Performance Monitor not working

G

When I run Performance Monitor, either by using cmd line "perfmon.msc" or through Control Panel admin tools, I get the console root and the System Monitor view but the graph does not move and all values are 0.000 except for duration which is 1:40 and a red line along the vertical axis.
I have tried adding new snap-ins for monitoring memory usage and Page file usage but neither of these start graphing and accumulating data.
I right click in the graph and check Properties and it is set to Sample automatically every 1 second.
Can anyone help me get started with this?
I remember looking at this graph a month ago and it worked fine. The update data (Ctrl-U) is greyed out too.

G

Matt said:
When I run Performance Monitor, either by using cmd line "perfmon.msc" or through Control Panel admin tools, I get the console root and the System Monitor view but the graph does not move and all values are 0.000 except for duration which is 1:40 and a red line along the vertical axis.
I have tried adding new snap-ins for monitoring memory usage and Page file usage but neither of these start graphing and accumulating data.
I right click in the graph and check Properties and it is set to Sample automatically every 1 second.
Can anyone help me get started with this?
I remember looking at this graph a month ago and it worked fine. The update data (Ctrl-U) is greyed out too.

Ask a Question