People's thoughts on the new Google Phone "T-Mobile G1"

Reaction score
I'm sure that you have all seen the posts in the News section, and on the BBC News website about the Android Phone. what do you think about it - any general thoughts etc ? :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the release, as I'm going to get some sort of next gen phone when I upgrade later in the year (either this one, or the iPhone). I thought the iPhone was a bit gimmicky (but good fun) when it came out last year, but now that some really good 3rd party apps are out, it will be a really useful tool when I'm out and about :thumb:

The G1 does have some shortcomings though, such as the lack of multi-touch, headphone jack and a camera flash (which most camera phones have nowadays). I've got higher hopes for the ones coming out in 2009 though :nod:

Shouldn't be too long until T-Mobile stores have some in stock to play with :D

Reaction score
I can remember when a phone was just that....a phone, ok the size of a brick..but it did the job.
Nowadays you get a camera + music player etc..........ok grumble over...back to being nice, sort of!!!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
The G1 does have some shortcomings though, such as the lack of multi-touch, headphone jack and a camera flash (which most camera phones have nowadays).

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. That's one of the main thing I like about the iPhone - the Multi-Touch capabilities. The nest gen of Windows Mobile (Version 7) is apparently going to have Multi-Touch features. I look forward to seeing them both, when they're released. :)

Reaction score
murdoch said:
I can remember when a phone was just that....a phone, ok the size of a brick..but it did the job.
Nowadays you get a camera + music player etc..........ok grumble over...back to being nice, sort of!!!

Lol, - Back in the day :lol: I'm a bit too young to remember those :p

Reaction score
Had a phone with battery the size of an A4 book + ariel.
Now it's a collectors item, pity it got ran over!

Reaction score
murdoch said:
Had a phone with battery the size of an A4 book + ariel.
Now it's a collectors item, pity it got ran over!

God, that's pocket size then lol. It got ran over - I'm actually surprised that it didn't survive that, with them being solid lol.

Reaction score
Er, the insurance paid out for a new one.
Damm tractors break anything these days!

Reaction score
Looks like it could be good to me..Although I'm not to keen on flippy/slidey phones..Oh and there's the T-mobile thing to..But there again I suppose everybody said that when I got my iPhone on O2....

Reaction score
My wife and I have each a small SiemensA55 phone. It has send and recieve text capability,we have no idea how to use it and have found no need to do so. We store our phone numbers on them,but only the ones we need. As for a camera built in I would rather use my digital camera or video camera if and when I need to. And to cap it all we use pay as you go. No way will we be tempted to go on a tarrif system where, it seems you really don`t know what you are paying.
And with this "credit crunch" upon us we all have to watch the pennies.
historian

Ask a Question