PDC Record in DNS/AD Integrated

A

Adam Maltby

Hi,

we have recently upgraded out two cluster servers, both running DNS and PDC.....

The first one went fine, so we moved the services over to it and took the 2nd down to replace with a new box.

I am finding quite a few issues which I believe are all based around the fact that in DNS under msdcs, the PDC SRV Record is missing......

Does anyone know how I can replace it without removing AD/DNS and starting again?

Cheers
Adam

S

Scott Harding - MS MVP

You can try to have it register itself with the ipconfig /registerdns or restarting the Netlogon service also causes this to update.....

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

Hi,

we have recently upgraded out two cluster servers, both running DNS and PDC.....

The first one went fine, so we moved the services over to it and took the 2nd down to replace with a new box.

I am finding quite a few issues which I believe are all based around the fact that in DNS under msdcs, the PDC SRV Record is missing......

Does anyone know how I can replace it without removing AD/DNS and starting again?

Cheers
Adam

A

Adam

Tried both of those to no avail......
I also seem to be having issues access domain policies, it says i may
not have enough rights, even though I am an admin.....
Could this be related? I tried resetting the acl's but that didn;t work
either.......

Ask a Question