PCReview SPAM! (Strange One)

Reaction score
I just checked my email and recieved the following:

This is a message from mattins2 at PC Review ( https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/index.php ). The PC Review owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email mattins2, you can use this online form:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&userid=28316

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Am Mattins Wilson.
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Dearest one ,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from our country chambers of industry (internet department).
I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person that I can do business with and by the recommendation , I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business .

I am Mattins Wilson the only son of late Mr. and Mrs. Michael Wilson. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .

My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on october 2004 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Ten million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10,500,000.00) left in fixed suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only Son for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates.
That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose.
Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:
(1) To provide a bank account into which this money
would be transferred to.
(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund.
(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your
country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15%
of the total sum as compensation for your effort/
input after the successful transfer of this fund into
your nominated account overseas.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God bless.

Best regards
Mattins Wilson.
(e-mail address removed)

I thought that I should share this information with all pcr members
and also at the same time I am taking this opportunity to say that I neither accept or condone any type of spamming
and to the person that has sent this to me I have the most disrespect for you and your organisation!

I owe you nothing expect great disrespect. Get lost you are scum of the EARTH!
:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Quad spotted the spammer and banned him as soon as he posted (within a few mins) - I'm sorry that someone has send an e-mail this way. :(

I'd suggest turning the e-mail contact option off in the user control panel, as any established members can use the PM system to contact each other. In fact, I might just disable the e-mail functionality and restrict it to PM - I'll see if that is possible now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK - I'd disabled the functionality for members to send other members e-mails. Its PM's only for now, as it is always possible to hand out an e-mail address in a PM :)

This should solve the problem, but I'm sorry if a couple of members got sent anything from this guy.

Reaction score
Ian, i contacted the RCMP when i got hit with these emails last month, they are very helpfull. PSD99 should use the link i posted, seems they take a very dim view of this sort of activity within Canada.

As the person like's spam, may be would should sign them up for as much as we can, after all it's more enjoyable to get even than angry:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Thanks Admin
but its your your fault.

thanks for changing it
and Murdoch yes I will go to that site and report the git!
cheers

Ask a Question