PCI Network Controller

Reaction score
When i start up the pc i get 2 beeps and then the following message on the start up screen:

Error

Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller in slot 3, Bus, 01, Device, 0B, Function 00.

F1 Resume, F2 Setup

Also when i resume and load up windows it says it has found new hardware - ethernet controller but i cant set it up because i have to conenct to the internet which i cant do as there are no network connections on the pc anymore.

Not sure why it is doing this, if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Added any hardware lately, drivers even ... if not, then you will probably need a new Ethernet card, cheap enough.

;)

Reaction score
Nope the only thing we did do was change the keyboard and it said it detected new hardware, which it said was a ethernet controller, why would it do this, i dotn think it came up with the message as i loaded up the pc before changing the keyboard though.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Why should it do this? ... 'cos it got lost it and found it again.

You turned the PC on, then changed the keyboard? Oh well, it's your system. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Sorry? lol

Anyway i sorted it i just put the network card in another slot. Don't think it had anything to do with the keyboard. Whats wrong with changing the keyboards?

muckshifter

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Sorry? lol

Anyway i sorted it i just put the network card in another slot. Don't think it had anything to do with the keyboard. Whats wrong with changing the keyboards?
Nothing, but not when the PC is on ... you gave me the impression it was. ;)

Reaction score
Oh right, i did it before i turned it on. Anyway would would be the problem with changing the keyboard when the pc is on?

muckshifter

Reaction score
A keyboard is "live" when a PC is on ... see the lights. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Laugh ... my socks off. :D

Well, it would not be that bad ... you could always use USB if the PS2 keyboard port failed ... come to think about it, am I the only one who still uses an 'old' keyboard?

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Well, it would not be that bad ... you could always use USB if the PS2 keyboard port failed ... come to think about it, am I the only one who still uses an 'old' keyboard?

Nope I still got my first one 1990 using to type this cant fault the old ones ay Mucks me and you that is HE! HE!;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
That explains the dodgy spelling and large fonts then:p

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
muckshifter said:

nope i've still got me an old one, its simple and reliable

Ask a Question