PC Speakers!

A

Arpan

I am working on Windows 2000 Professional with the following specifications:

CPU -----------> P-IV 2.80 GHz
RAM -----------> 128MB
Hard Disk -----> 20GB (C:-9GB, D:-9GB, F:-2GB)
Service Pack --> SP4

I have a 2000 Watts (with Sub-Woofer) speakers with these specifications. The problem is one of the speakers (a.k.a. satellite) stops responding intermittently when I use it at the max volume i.e. when the PC sound (which can be accessed by opening "Sounds & Multimedia" from the Control Panel), Windows Media Player 9.0 sound & the speakers sound is at the maxmimum volume i.e. all 3 sounds are maximum but the same problem doesn't creep up when these sounds at a lower volume. The external 2000W speaker has been serviced many a times but the same problem comes up after some time. Now the vendor is telling that the problem lies in my machine & not the speaker as the problem arises only when the speaker is used at the maximum volume.

Now what I would like to know is whether the claim made by the vendor is genuine i.e. could the problem be because of the sound card in my PC or is he just trying to pass the buck on my PC? I hardly have any knowledge in this field & hence am posting my queries in this newsgroup!

Also I would like to know how do I find out whether a sound card is installed in my PC or not? If installed, how do I find out which sound card is installed, whether it supports 2000 Watts speakers with Sub-Woofer, what is the maximum wattage capacity it supports? For e.g. will it support, say, 3000W or 4000W or 5000W or 10000W speakers etc...? If not, what extra hardware is required to ensure that such high wattage speakers are supported by my PC?

Thanks,

Arpan

D

DL

Everest home edition http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
will provide all info.
PS your ram is far to low for win2k you need 512mb
Its allmost certainly a problem with sound card/drivers. I dont suppose you've attempted to update the drivers?
What an earth or you doing with 2000watts - trying to blast out the city? - or is that a typo, with 2k watts and max volume you'd need to be several hundred yard away!

I am working on Windows 2000 Professional with the following specifications:

CPU -----------> P-IV 2.80 GHz
RAM -----------> 128MB
Hard Disk -----> 20GB (C:-9GB, D:-9GB, F:-2GB)
Service Pack --> SP4

I have a 2000 Watts (with Sub-Woofer) speakers with these specifications. The problem is one of the speakers (a.k.a. satellite) stops responding intermittently when I use it at the max volume i.e. when the PC sound (which can be accessed by opening "Sounds & Multimedia" from the Control Panel), Windows Media Player 9.0 sound & the speakers sound is at the maxmimum volume i.e. all 3 sounds are maximum but the same problem doesn't creep up when these sounds at a lower volume. The external 2000W speaker has been serviced many a times but the same problem comes up after some time. Now the vendor is telling that the problem lies in my machine & not the speaker as the problem arises only when the speaker is used at the maximum volume.

Now what I would like to know is whether the claim made by the vendor is genuine i.e. could the problem be because of the sound card in my PC or is he just trying to pass the buck on my PC? I hardly have any knowledge in this field & hence am posting my queries in this newsgroup!

Also I would like to know how do I find out whether a sound card is installed in my PC or not? If installed, how do I find out which sound card is installed, whether it supports 2000 Watts speakers with Sub-Woofer, what is the maximum wattage capacity it supports? For e.g. will it support, say, 3000W or 4000W or 5000W or 10000W speakers etc...? If not, what extra hardware is required to ensure that such high wattage speakers are supported by my PC?

Thanks,

Arpan

B

Bob I

It sounds like you are attempting to force the sound card WAY beyond its
capability. Sound cards DO NOT produce 10's of watts output. Unless you
are planning on having a quality sound card installed, keep the sound
card in the mid range volume. All the speaker power will be provided by
a stand alone amplifier of sufficient capacity. None of this is related
in any way to Windows 2000 operating system. I would suggest you visit the
rec.audio.pc newsgroup for more assistance.

G

alright what you need to do is go in a configure your computer setup for you
sound control and update the driver for you sound card and this should fix
the prob...

Ask a Question