PC Review ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tynesider

Hi, dont get me wrong i think this forum is really good,I have only been a member a few days and everyones been a great help. However why is the forum called PCreview when the reviews are so out of date? I just browsed through the Reviews section and for example Audio, there is one review for this year the rest are 2005, graphics cards...well theres one and it was reviewed 2003...I didnt look any further, couldnt see the point really.

All the same a really good forum

Reaction score
tynesider said:
Hi, dont get me wrong i think this forum is really good,I have only been a member a few days and everyones been a great help. However why is the forum called PCreview when the reviews are so out of date? I just browsed through the Reviews section and for example Audio, there is one review for this year the rest are 2005, graphics cards...well theres one and it was reviewed 2003...I didnt look any further, couldnt see the point really.

All the same a really good forum
I think an offer for a pair of Blue Circle Boots may be on their way to you?:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you really like to know the disgusting, sordid truth? The scary, illegal activities that brought the site to its knees?

I don't.

The whole thumbs down thing is a bit harsh.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is one for Ian to answer really as he christened the Forum way back in 1999, or it may have been earlier than that.

I think his original vision was for the site to be a place where hardware and software was reviewed but it's evolved into a very good Forum in it's own right, imo.

There's nobody 'professional' here, everybody involved at an admin or moderator level is here purely for the fun of it and to offer people help with their computer problems.

On that, we do a pretty good job, imo.

Ian has been at University the past few years and his studies have not allowed so much time to pursue companies for products to review.

And the name itself, PC Review, is quite sort of unilateral imo, it's a name that conjures up a vision of all things PC associated. So I reckon it's a good name, regardless of the amount of reviews we currently have.

If the fact we don't have many current reviews annoys or upsets you, I suggest you find another UK Forum that suits your needs. Try Hexus, firmly in bed with many major suppliers (Mesh, anybody?). They have lots of reviews. They could be biased but I better not say that ;)

Our reviews are never biased because, fools that we are, we do it for the love of it, not to take back-handers.

You've only been here a few days and you're getting critical.

If you don't like it, then don't visit - simple.

Have a nice day :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Flops has summed things up exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself!

I'd love to spend all day reviewing items, but I simply don't have time at the moment - the site has evolved into a great community which is the most important thing by a mile IMO. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I PCReview every day ... I review my health, I review my thoughts, when I can find them, I review my PC, and then I review PCReview. :D

You gotta watch them smillies, they can get you into all sorts of problems ... :p

Flopps hit the nail on the head, he's good with words ;) we is a funny bunch here, we are very causcious of new members, silly I know, and we have chased a few off before now, probably do it again too. If you are willing to stick it out and get to know us, we ain't a bad bunch really. :thumb:

I don't know of any other UK forum that's as open minded & free from outside interference as this one. Never found another I liked ... yet. :cool:

:user:

Reaction score
There are MILLIONS of places on the web to find hardware reviews.

You stick the product in google, and put review on the end.

There are very few places you can ask a question, and have some very knowledgable peoples answer free of charge. There are few mysteries that go unsolved around here. No thanks to me of course, but there are others who know these things :p

I fear we may have been a little tetchy though.

hmm.

T

tynesider

Hi, OK, I will leave.
To be honest i just thought that it was for reviews and many have helped me out with what to buy for building my first computer. I have taken jibes about being a tight Geordie Git etc when people dont know me from Adam, however when I say whats on my mind everyone comes out the woodwork to have another go.
I thought this was going to be a great forum for me,I was hoping for help on setting up my computer but unfortunately its no different from the minor forums I have not registered with.
I " am " sorry i have upset your little family, but I won't be a scape goat for you lot to get out your pitchforks and lanterns. I was telling the truth and if you can't handle a bit of criticism or a thumbs down then so be it.

Thanks for your help over the past few days
Bye

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No need to leave tynesider, we were just explaining how the site works and how it has evolved in to more of a community :thumb: I'm a Geordie myself (well, from Cramlington, so close enough :lol:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tynesider said:
Hi, OK, I will leave.
To be honest i just thought that it was for reviews and many have helped me out with what to buy for building my first computer. I have taken jibes about being a tight Geordie Git etc when people dont know me from Adam, however when I say whats on my mind everyone comes out the woodwork to have another go.
I thought this was going to be a great forum for me,I was hoping for help on setting up my computer but unfortunately its no different from the minor forums I have not registered with.
I " am " sorry i have upset your little family, but I won't be a scape goat for you lot to get out your pitchforks and lanterns. I was telling the truth and if you can't handle a bit of criticism or a thumbs down then so be it.

Thanks for your help over the past few days
Bye

How old did you say you were? As I recall, it was old enough not to be throwing a juvenile hissy fit, which is what you've done.

Look, when I called you a tight Geordie git, I assumed from the tone of your posts you were somebody who could take a joke, I actually thought you would fit into the community here. You really have to imagine me saying that with a big smile on my face.

But oh no, you be playing the big Prima Donna, so hurt are you? Don't be pathetic, don't be childish, get a little mature - please.

Look, we're not a closed shop or a tight little community, we welcome new folk here, positively WANT new members to join and contribute.

When I viewed your posts I thought 'This geezer seems ok, he could become a regular'

But oh how wrong I was.

Human beings never fail to amaze me and after all these years seems I still can't judge a character online. I can usually, however, in real life suss somebody out pretty quick.

There is no need to leave. Reconsider. I explained the evolvment of this Forum to the best of my abilities, and yes it's true some folks are a little defensive - that's cos they like this place.

There have been several members here - long standing members - who myself and other moderators have had disagreements with when they initially joined, but they're all still here years later - kinda like real life really. The first thing I remember doing to my best mate all those years ago was giving him a right hander (I was seven at the time). That's life.

Anyway, up to you, if you go you go, if you wanna hang around you're welcome.

Just please don't misunderstand.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Pc Review

Hello tynesider
I knew nothing, then they taught me.
Cheers
peahouse05:user:

T

tynesider

floppybootstomp said:
How old did you say you were? As I recall, it was old enough not to be throwing a juvenile hissy fit, which is what you've done.

Look, when I called you a tight Geordie git, I assumed from the tone of your posts you were somebody who could take a joke, I actually thought you would fit into the community here. You really have to imagine me saying that with a big smile on my face.

But oh no, you be playing the big Prima Donna, so hurt are you? Don't be pathetic, don't be childish, get a little mature - please.

Look, we're not a closed shop or a tight little community, we welcome new folk here, positively WANT new members to join and contribute.

When I viewed your posts I thought 'This geezer seems ok, he could become a regular'

But oh how wrong I was.

Human beings never fail to amaze me and after all these years seems I still can't judge a character online. I can usually, however, in real life suss somebody out pretty quick.

There is no need to leave. Reconsider. I explained the evolvment of this Forum to the best of my abilities, and yes it's true some folks are a little defensive - that's cos they like this place.

There have been several members here - long standing members - who myself and other moderators have had disagreements with when they initially joined, but they're all still here years later - kinda like real life really. The first thing I remember doing to my best mate all those years ago was giving him a right hander (I was seven at the time). That's life.

Anyway, up to you, if you go you go, if you wanna hang around you're welcome.

Just please don't misunderstand.
Hi, well isnt it funny now that I am supposed to take a joke but you couldnt take a little criticism yourself! Of course I have a good sense of humour and I admit when I told my wife of a good site I had found and what you had said we had a good laugh, trouble is it doesnt work both ways does it. Its ok you saying that I should not be pathetic and childish but as you are a well thought of member of this site it seems you can't be wrong and with me being the novice and newcomer then of course its be having a hissy fit and not you. I have been around long enough ( 48 years ) by the way to know when to give up as I will never win this little argument of yours.
I just dont understand how grownn men throw a wobbler because a newcomer pointed out something that hasnt been updated for in some cases four years and thought it was strange that a site called PC review ,doesnt actually have any updated reviews. You know,all I was trying to do was get a foot hold in this forum of yours and to try and start off a conversation piece, maybe it had been overlooked and great" does anyone have any reviews to add to the forum" I hear you cry! who brought that up? a newcomer and a novice,ok lets get him for slagging off our little family orientated site! Lets hang him from the nearest crane for giving it a thumbs down!
Please dont reply to this because I know I wont win, but one day..when you look further than the end of your own nose you might realise that I wasnt trying to cause trouble but just trying to start off a conversation and make friends because I know very little about computers at the moment.

I dont wish to be a member of a forum that is judge and jury.

Thanks again for the pleasantand very helpful beginning.

Tynesider

T

tynesider

peahouse05 said:
Hello tynesider
I knew nothing, then they taught me.
Cheers
peahouse05:user:

Hi, I was hoping for that too,I took peoples advice from this forum and have spent quite a bit of cash buying what they recomended, trouble is now I am now looking for another site to help me install it all. A shame really but I was only trying to be friendly in a novice type of way, I thought I was doing a good turn pointing out the reviews were years out of date.
Anyway thanks for the kind note.

Tynesider

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You really have issues don't you?

I tried, now I give up.

In my opinion, Mr Tynesider, you'll never fit in anywhere.

Damn shame, but - goodbye.

When you find that magical site, give me a link.

T

tynesider

floppybootstomp said:
You really have issues don't you?

I tried, now I give up.

In my opinion, Mr Tynesider, you'll never fit in anywhere.

Damn shame, but - goodbye.

When you find that magical site, give me a link.
Hi, I see you couldnt resist a reply and the last word.
Yes I have issues with bullies and always have done whether verbal of physically, I will not be giving you any links. I tried my best to get on with you but it seems I have to agree with everything you say., which I am not prepared to do at all.

I also tried and " I " give up.

A REALLY damn shame, but so be it.
Bye

Reaction score
tynesider said:
Hi, I see you couldnt resist a reply and the last word.
Yes I have issues with bullies and always have done whether verbal of physically, I will not be giving you any links. I tried my best to get on with you but it seems I have to agree with everything you say., which I am not prepared to do at all.

I also tried and " I " give up.

A REALLY damn shame, but so be it.
Bye
tynesider calm down no ones getting at you, it's just the way you wrote in your 1st post.
All are welcome here, as are you, stick around and you will realise that.
This really is the best forum around.:thumb:

Have a look at Sexy Bex's daily reviews.:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This thread is getting nowhere ... :rolleyes:

Either come or go, agree to disagree, if you don't like how it is then ... cheerio

I think this "discussion" has gone its course ... so I'm bloody closing it. Read into that what you will, I don't feckin care.

:user:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question