PC Review Contest - April 2005 Discussion Thread

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Now the answer is out, I can say I mucked up by looking at the official Reviews section which you haven't posted in - didn't realise there was a user review section in the Hardware Forum!!

And Alf - a bit cheeky with nicking my question- but I don't mind!;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
almost Did the same as you,
:p Hey thats a good question no need for it to be wasted :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Must admit I did like the question - good its not gone to waste- shame I'm not still in to answer it!:D

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I must admit I'm not too sure on that one...oh well, it may give someone else a chance...if anyone else were to actually join in.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Cache-man it seems to me that you have sportsman spirit :) I like that!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
for chrisimrie: this one's really got me stumped. :)

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Im sitting this contest out
to the victor, the spoils.
Good luck everyone :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't do that Alf you have as much right as everyone else mate... you carry on answering questions...and you can donate the amazon voucher to me....:D

Reaction score
LOL Vince,

I sat there for a good few minutes making that question up, just to puzzle everyone.

I did give a hint, May 2004

I'm not giving much more away, defeats the point of it being a tricky question :p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ha ha! Beat your tuff one ;)

The aim of the game is to get as many answers as possible, not to stump everyone - if no-one can get your questions, then you won't be able to answer any new questions!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What is the matter? Looks like everyone has already given up on the contest, I am afraid contest is not something members want, if so why not express it on the thread.

Reaction score
Hey I just put an answer in the last comp thread and then saw this thread and realised I was too late to enter...or am I? I been away so long i don't know what's goin on:confused:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I didn't give up, I was just really stumped by the last question, so I thought I'd wait for someone else to answer it....and then nobody did, until today, but then they didn't post a question...or did they? :)

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
I didn't give up, I was just really stumped by the last question, so I thought I'd wait for someone else to answer it....and then nobody did, until today, but then they didn't post a question...or did they? :)

I read the rules and I thought the last question didn't relate to this site in any way (so it might have broke the rules, if u see what I mean). I tried to answer it anyway and i believe my answer was correct. (the one about the animal brains and the aircraft)...

I then thought i should ask a question relating to the site/forum but didn't want to make it too obvious as a question as i was drunk at the time and didn't really know what i was doing....so...i sort of asked a question about the site...that is:

Is the competiion over? ...theoretically, if someone said:

Answer: No
Question... and then made another question up, then the comp would continue...but it didn't...does that mean I win???

Hey Ian, waddya reckon m8???

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oh dear :(

I thought it was reletively simple, because if you typed 'brains' into the forum search it comes up on the first page!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
1nteger said:
Hey Ian, waddya reckon m8???

Its all up to Quad, he is the quizmaster :D

I edited the last post before I read this thread, but you can go back and edit it out and make a new question up if you want :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
As I see it a wrong question and a wrong answer are both candidates for a disqualification :D The rules did say the question must relate to PC Review. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Does that mean I'm out? :(

I thought that seeing as the question was a PCR thread, it was ok... oops! I was only trying to move it along as well, how ironic! ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I hate to say things like "You are out", I will leave it to the participants own judgement to make the decision. I am not following that thread, just waiting for the 51st post so that I can announce the winner. :D

Ask a Question