Access PC not accessible to network as an user with admin rights

Reaction score
HI,
I search the forum for a solution but can't find one with the same problem. I have two PC both using VISTA business and have connected to a switch box.
PC 1 can see and access PC 2, but PC 2 cannot access PC 1 when logged in as an user with administrator rights. It comes with " 'PC2' is not accessible...logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

However the strange thing is PC 2 can access PC 1 if logged directly as administrator!

I checked both network settings on PC 1 and PC2 using "network and sharing centre" and both settings are same. My guess is something to do with the PC2 user login rights but cannot find what's wrong because I have already given user login on PC2 with admin right.

Can any one advice?

Reaction score
Yeah there is a setting on Vista so that other pc's can sense they are there....i cant remember where i found it but i know its there....keepsearching in your control panel....i dont think its a user/admin fault.
I'll see if i can find it again and post back if i do.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Okay go into control panel/admin tools/services and look for Function discovery resources publication and make sure its running....it will allow you to restart on this page. Hope this helps
Good luck
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Thanks , I shall try it tomorrow morning when I get into my PC. However I would be surprised if this isn't running, because I also have two separate printers on the same workgroup network shared by the two PCs and both printers work fine. I guess if Funcion discovery not running then surely the network would not have found the printers? Anyway will definitely give it a try tomorrow.. many thanks for your advice

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have tried but the function you suggested is already running? Any other ideas?

Many Thanks
Terry

Reaction score
I'm not sure....i still think its something to do with configuration though....its either something turned on or off..like a hide or show function...i think.
Sorry i couldnt help you any further...maybe somebody else could help you.
Zzzz

Ask a Question