Pc Ir Remotes

Reaction score
Hey what are our views on Ir Remotes for Pc computers. I'm really sick of having to get up to pause DVDs on my computer and all that stuff. I did find some stuff online but I am a lil wary of just picking the stuff up and trying it.

http://shop.vendio.com/KEYWRAP/item/738537723/index.html?s=1113300679

I found this remote thing for like $15.00 us. It sounds pretty good, its basically a handheld wireless mouse with joystick control and has programable macro buttons.
What I really want is to install an Ir reciever into the computer and get a really nice universal remote to work all the stuff in my room TV/DVD/STEREO/COMPUTER . Yes I am a lazy man and this is my dream...
Will you help??

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Seems like it will do the job. Personally i thinks its ugly!! Sorry!

I've got an ATI remte Wonder - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ATI_Accessories.html

Dont use it that much but when i do its handy!
If you got an ATI graphics card that might do the trick. One thing though its R.F not I.R so it wouldn't work with the universal one you may buy.

Reaction score
I agree The one I found was hella ugly, the point was it can with a basic IR "receiver" and the remote had a joy stick that I thought was pretty cool, but thanks for the tip on remote Wonder, It does look better that that one.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I too am interested in a remote for my PC. I would love to hear recommendations from everyone else. I always have MP3's and DVD's running, and as Raje mentioned, it is a pain having to physically go to the computer to play/pause, or change tracks etc.....Maybe I'm just lazy!

Reaction score
You guys looked into the Logitech MediaPlay mouse? It is amazing (well, it was, mine died yesterday) it has several remote buttons and is a very accurate mouse.

I am definutally going to buy myself a new one. (if nobody will replace it for me)

KGB

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I like that mouse you said about KGB, very nice. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. (Microsoft) Sometimes if i cant be bothered to sit at the pc then i just put that on my lap and kick back!

The ATI remote has all the usuall buttons (Track skip, volume and more) plus a nice 8way ajustable direction button to let you control the cursor. Its got 6 programable buttons if i remember, but am work at the mo so cant check!

http://www.ati.com/products/remotewonder/

Raje check this out - http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2321579

Last edited:
Reaction score
what if u dont have a ATI card and its NVIDIA

will that remote still work?
id like a remote of some kind too so that i can change my mp3's without going to the pc

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Probably not mate, cant see it myself. dont quote me tho.

Reaction score
Yea, all the recomended control are cool, and I def like the last one mentined by KGB but again I'm super lazy, well not really lazy but trying to clean up clutter. As for wireless mouse/remote you guys nailed it ---- but is thier something that I can program into a UNIVERSAL remote, or at least one of these wireless mice/remotes that can control other IR devices as well, I want to control my TV/Stereo System(I have an 800 watt 2 chanell reciver hooked up to some huge tower speakers-- For my PC)/And my standalone DVD player. Looking for the remote or device that is gonna do it ALL. But still I thank you all for the replys so far, at lest I have found some definate nice choices if I have to settle for just controlling my pc.

Reaction score
Yay! i got my mouse working.

There is a tiny reset switch on the receiver that i thought was an LED. oh well... it works now :D and there was no real problem with it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good find dude, Dont you think it looks like the ATI remote? The button layout is near identical. But its I.R, and the aTI is R.F. Thats a good price too!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Even better! It looks alot nicer than the first one you posted!! :)

I guess it'll work with any video card too! (If you're still wondering PSD)
Dunno if you can get it over here tho.

Reaction score
well in all honessty, the remote is only $40.00 US, fairly inexpensive as far as pc remotes go. If any of you were really interested and have no dealers in your area let me know, I got some hook up when it comes to shipping overseas ;)

Reaction score
Using remote - pros and cons soo far

OK so I got the remote.
It actually works better and worse than I thought it would. But I need to tinker and modify it some more.

So far here is what I got before I make true review.
It DOES CONTROL EVERYTHING..... So my girlfreind gave it to me for my birthday and I played with it in her aprtmant. In I'd say 20 min, I programed it to control her TV, Radio, and the AIR CONDITONER!!!! Man was she getting really annoyed when I just kept turning the ac on,off, up, down, fast, slow.

Then I got home and hooked it up to pc. Installs easily enough, though does not work as a mouse until logged into windows and on desktop. Remote transmoits well(for pc), around corners, and under the blankets(no sick ideas- I download and watch Narato when I get home from work around 11pm)

The default player control is Windows Media Player-- since this one was pre programmed it makes it a lot easier. It can be programed to us any applicatoin but each button must be trained( train them exactly like hot keys on a keyboard) The mouse pad is a little quirky- dosn't move very smoothly and it has a acceleration control... if you hold left it actually speeds up, which is good when you need to go cross screen but annoying when you miss icon completely. Its a little hard to open files at time becasue mouse isn't very recise, I found if you the arrow down to slowest speed and leave highest accelration you can get it. That way it moves like a slug for like 3 seconds and then gets much faster.

So far this baby has got a 9/10. Depending on how well I can get it configured to use other programs and learn how to use this mouse pad, it may go up. But its soo nice to turn on my fan, turn off my tv, watch some anime, shuffle through episodes, save some files to cd, and shutdown the pc... all with one remote, nice and cozy bedside...

Ask a Question