PC Identification Details - software needed

Newsgroup

I am trying to find a free(ware) software that will allow me to find out
details about my PC; such as chipset, motherboard, number of PCI/AGP slots,
HDDs info etc...

Appreciate if someone can guide me to such a freeware.

Also, anyone know any FAQs or such that explain the above hardwares etc..
specifically with the aim of upgrading or getting a new PC?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-2, 07/21/2007
Tested on: 7/21/2007 5:48:33 PM

Stan Brown

I am trying to find a free(ware) software that will allow me to find out
details about my PC; such as chipset, motherboard, number of PCI/AGP slots,
HDDs info etc...

Asked and answered in this group within the past couple of days (and
many times before). Check the archives and you'll find many, many
suggestions.

Bruce Chambers

Newsgroup said:
I am trying to find a free(ware) software that will allow me to find out
details about my PC; such as chipset, motherboard, number of PCI/AGP slots,
HDDs info etc...

Appreciate if someone can guide me to such a freeware.

Also, anyone know any FAQs or such that explain the above hardwares etc..
specifically with the aim of upgrading or getting a new PC?

1) Start > Run > MSinfo32.exe.

or

2) Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information

or

3) Start > Run > DXDiag.exe.

or

4) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager.

or

5) If none of the built-in tools provide the information you want, you
can use these utilities to help determine the identities of your
computers components:

SiSoft's Sandra
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

Belarc Advisor

Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32
http://forum.aumha.org/overflow/aida32.zip

or

6) Look in the manual/documentation that came with the computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Newsgroup

Stan -- if you have little to offer in direct help, keep quite.

Stan Brown said:
Asked and answered in this group within the past couple of days (and
many times before). Check the archives and you'll find many, many
suggestions.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 2:24:15 PM