Patient Access Online?

Reaction score
So has you local GP Practice moved to online appointments via Patient Access or similar?

Mine has and 70% of appointments are now online as is the NHS wishes to make making an appointment more accessible if you are on the move using modern internet devices? Not sure however if those not good with modern IT or who might not have a PC/Tablet/Smartphone?

However it seems this is the way forward as with Patient Access you can now order a repeat prescription and look at your medical records also.

Anyone else been using an online application for make GP appointments???

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
No idea............................... I never go. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
my surgery has had this 'option' for some time ... it dosen't work :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Our GP uses the same software - I quite like it, as it saves having to phone up or go in to the surgery. :).

Big thumbs up from me!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes, our surgery has also used something similar for the past year or so. We can book appointments and submit repeat 'script requests. Saves quite a lot of time.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I love being able to make online appointments! The system we've got works well, but it's only for doctors appointments - if you want to make a different appointment (for example to see a nurse, or have an ECG) you still have to phone up. Not a big problem though!

It certainly saves having to wait in the hold queue on the phone :thumb:

Our old doctors surgery was awful when it came to making appointments - you had to phone up before 10am to get an appointment within the next 3 days, and the didn't take advance bookings. They also didn't have a hold queue, so if you tried calling when someone else was on the phone then it was engaged. In order to get through, you had to do that BT ring back thing (where your phone rings as soon as the line is clear, and connects your call) but everyone else was doing it too, so you had to wait with your finger on the button ready to press it as soon as it rang. Nightmare! Needless to say, our new surgery was a breath of fresh air!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My GP has online access. Brilliant for doing repeat medication. Last year I went in to make an appointment but they said they had none for the next two weeks. Got home and went online and they had 115 appointments free for the next two weeks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have online appointments yet but I am happy with the current system.

Providing you ring at 09:00 or 16:30 you'll get an appointment within three hours of calling, normally a lot quicker.

I get through quickly, the former dragon receptionist would appear to have been slain as the current lady is very nice indeed and this arrangement hasn't failed me in at least ten years.

It's because of this that I've stayed with a surgery that's a fair way away - six train stops then a ten or fifteen minute walk - instead of signing up to a local surgery.

That and I like my GP, a funny little Indian fella who's about 5' 2" and who always wears suits and Dr Marten boots. But most of all - he cares.

Reaction score
aye, my Dr Jolly (yes, real name) is of the same school. :thumb:
Yup, i'm not even in my GP's catchment area but still get to see him as been a patient all my life.
Seems they think it's good to keep me and no complaints from me!

Reaction score
At ours it is telephone and usually they ask if you want any doctor same to couple of days but if you want one of the partners it could be a couple of weeks

Ask a Question