pasting column and row width and heights

When I copy data where the column width and the row heights have been changed why doesn't it keep the column width and row heights?

JulieD

can't answer the "why" question but

if after pasting the data and with the paste range still highlighted you
choose edit / paste special and tick column widths and then ok you'll be
half way there.

(this works in excel 2000 and above)

Cheers
JulieD

"Pasting column width and row heights" <Pasting column width and row
When I copy data where the column width and the row heights have been
changed why doesn't it keep the column width and row heights?

Dave Peterson

And if you copy the whole row/column, then the rowheight/columnwidth will be
brought with.