Paste Hyperlink into Frontpage Dialog Box

I would like to know how to paste a URL into the "add hyperlink" dialog box.
Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the appropriate
page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
ability to do this.

Thanks

Tom Pepper Willett

Control + C to copy
Control + V to paste

--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| I would like to know how to paste a URL into the "add hyperlink" dialog
box.
| Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
appropriate
| page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| ability to do this.
|
| Thanks

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Tom can you still surf to the page online, focus back to FP like in FP2002 (the surfed-to page will appear in the hyperwindow)?

| Control + C to copy
| Control + V to paste
|
| --
| ===
| Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| About FrontPage 2003:
| http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| Understanding FrontPage:
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| ===
| | | I would like to know how to paste a URL into the "add hyperlink" dialog
| box.
| | Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
| appropriate
| | page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| | versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| | ability to do this.
| |
| | Thanks

Andrew Murray

yes, you can copy and paste the url into the link field

if you want to link an external site, just browse to that site, then select the
full address from the address bar in your browser, then copy (Ctrl-C) then go to
frontpage, insert hyperlink and Ctrl-V to paste it in.

Andrew Murray

Alt-Tab to swap between windows....is this what you mean? Just surf to the page
you want, copy the address and paste it in the 'insert hyperlink' dialogue (as
you said you've done in previous versions of FP - nothing has changed in that
respect.

in message Tom can you still surf to the page online, focus back to FP like in FP2002 (the
surfed-to page will appear in the hyperwindow)?

| Control + C to copy
| Control + V to paste
|
| --
| ===
| Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| About FrontPage 2003:
| http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| Understanding FrontPage:
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| ===
| | | I would like to know how to paste a URL into the "add hyperlink" dialog
| box.
| | Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
| appropriate
| | page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| | versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| | ability to do this.
| |
| | Thanks

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

sorta...but I *don't* have to cut and paste, it just appears in the hyperlink window...jest like majick (seriously it does).

| Alt-Tab to swap between windows....is this what you mean? Just surf to the page
| you want, copy the address and paste it in the 'insert hyperlink' dialogue (as
| you said you've done in previous versions of FP - nothing has changed in that
| respect.
|

| in message | Tom can you still surf to the page online, focus back to FP like in FP2002 (the
| surfed-to page will appear in the hyperwindow)?
|
| | | Control + C to copy
| | Control + V to paste
| |
| | --
| | ===
| | Tom "Pepper" Willett
| | Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| | ---
| | About FrontPage 2003:
| | http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| | FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| | http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| | Understanding FrontPage:
| | http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| | FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| | ===
| | box.
| | | Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
| | appropriate
| | | page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| | | versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| | | ability to do this.
| | |
| | | Thanks
| |
| |

Ronx

Yes, provided IE is the default browser. With other browsers set as the
default browser the link will not be magically inserted, unless you manually
launch IE.

Ron

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Tom can you still surf to the page online, focus back to FP like in FP2002
(the surfed-to page will appear in the hyperwindow)?

| Control + C to copy
| Control + V to paste
|
| --
| ===
| Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| About FrontPage 2003:
| http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| Understanding FrontPage:
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| ===
| | | I would like to know how to paste a URL into the "add hyperlink" dialog
| box.
| | Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
| appropriate
| | page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| | versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| | ability to do this.
| |
| | Thanks

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

ah! thanks for that...I've never tried it with my other browsers, since IE is set as default

| Yes, provided IE is the default browser. With other browsers set as the
| default browser the link will not be magically inserted, unless you manually
| launch IE.
|
| Ron
| --
| Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Tom can you still surf to the page online, focus back to FP like in FP2002
| (the surfed-to page will appear in the hyperwindow)?
|
| | | Control + C to copy
| | Control + V to paste
| |
| | --
| | ===
| | Tom "Pepper" Willett
| | Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| | ---
| | About FrontPage 2003:
| | http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| | FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| | http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| | Understanding FrontPage:
| | http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| | FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| | ===
| | box.
| | | Is it only possible to manually type type in the URL or open the
| | appropriate
| | | page to populate the form? I used to do this all the time in previous
| | | versions of Front Page. I am about to uninstall 2003 just to obtain the
| | | ability to do this.
| | |
| | | Thanks
| |