Password protecting folders

Creme de la creme

Can anyone tell me how to password protect an individual
folder in Windows 2000?

Michael Cole [MSFT]

You should have the partition in NTFS. Then right click on the desired
folder and select "Sharing and Security..." From there you can share the
folder. You also will have the option to allow access to specific users if
you wish to do so. The interface is pretty simple to follow.
Unfortunately there is no option to set a password on a specific folder.
Granting access to specific users or user groups would be your best option.

Hope this helps
Cheers,

Michael Cole
MCSE, MCSA