Windows XP Password expire prompt not happening

Reaction score
Got an issue with a user who's password expiry warning has never come up with the usual 9 day count down since being deployed to onto XP. User works out of the office sometimes as much as two days a week, and only ever gets expiry notice on actual day that password needs to be changed. This obviously causes issues.
Have searched Microsofts website....no luck there as far as I can see....
Not heard of this before and need some help!

Thea x :confused:

Reaction score
Account

What did you set their account settings up as in the first place as?

Reaction score
We don’t set up the accounts, im on a 3rd line team for desktop support. We have a separate team who do all this for us. To be honest I’d imagine that it is some sort of AD/Policy issue with the account, but our team only has a very basic view of AD, we can’t see GPO's etc. I posted this to see if anyone had seen this before, and if there are any Microsoft articles on it (that I couldn't find) Having a nightmare! ;)

Reaction score
password

Thea said:
We don’t set up the accounts, im on a 3rd line team for desktop support. We have a separate team who do all this for us. To be honest I’d imagine that it is some sort of AD/Policy issue with the account, but our team only has a very basic view of AD, we can’t see GPO's etc. I posted this to see if anyone had seen this before, and if there are any Microsoft articles on it (that I couldn't find) Having a nightmare! ;)
Have a word with those who did, may be a glitch on the account settings and password expire time.

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the customer to come back to me :rolleyes: Will go through a few things such as using dial up networking etc....then i'll have a chat to the AD guys and let you know what happens. :)

Ask a Question