Paint

annonymous

OS Win.XPPro SP2, Office 2003

In My Pictures I have two separate pictures, which I want to put together as
one, but if I try to Open the second picture in Paint the first one is
removed.
What is the technique to produce one picture out of two in Paint? I do not
want to do it in Word. Thank you all.

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

OS Win.XPPro SP2, Office 2003

In My Pictures I have two separate pictures, which I want to put together as
one, but if I try to Open the second picture in Paint the first one is
removed.
What is the technique to produce one picture out of two in Paint? I do not
want to do it in Word. Thank you all.

Paint is a very limited application, and one of the limitations is that
it can only work with one image at a time. You need image editing
software to do what you're trying to do. Go here:
http://tinyurl.com/aam9 and download Irfanview, a free image editing
program that will do what you want to do--look for "panorama" in the
program.

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

Open the first one in Paint... then open the second one in another image app
like IrfanView.... copy the one in IrfanView to your clipboard and paste it
into Paint.... it'll go over the first one and you can resize and move it to
where you want to over it.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
Photo Story 3 - use the menu branch at www.papajohn.org

..

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

PapaJohn said:
Open the first one in Paint... then open the second one in another image app
like IrfanView.... copy the one in IrfanView to your clipboard and paste it
into Paint.... it'll go over the first one and you can resize and move it to
where you want to over it.

Why go to the trouble if the whole thing can be done in Irfanview?

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

PapaJohn said:
Can it be done in IrfanView?
Yes, using the "panorama" function will merge two or more images. After
I had a chance to try the method you suggested, I saw that it has the
advantage of allowing the pasted image to be positioned, but only
directly on top of the first image. Using Irfanview, it appears to be
strictly side-by-side. I guess the OP should try both and see which
suits the purpose best.

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

and I tried your pointer in IrfanView.

I've been using Paint.... first setting the size of the canvas and then
pasting in any of the images... that way you can resize and position each
picture as it is added to the canvas.

Photo Story 3 - use the menu branch at www.papajohn.org

..

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

PapaJohn said:
and I tried your pointer in IrfanView.

I've been using Paint.... first setting the size of the canvas and then
pasting in any of the images... that way you can resize and position each
picture as it is added to the canvas.

Which might be just what the OP was looking for.

David Candy

Open one image in paint. Drag the handle of the edge of the border to make your picture bigger (or Image menu - Attributes and enter the new size). Either you have already copied the other picture to the clipboard, in which case use Edit - Paste then drag the new image off the old image to next to it - note you can only drag just after inserting, or use Edit menu - Paste From and drag next to pic1 again.

Rehan

Interesting discussion ;-)

You guys may like to know that one can achieve the requested task all in
paint itself.

1. First open the first picture.
2. Expand the canvas by dragging the right or bottom margin to make room for
second picture
3. Now from menu select Edit->"Paste from" and choose the second picture
4. Move it around to place as you desire.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

Rehan

Oh sorry. I should have read the full thread.
I just posted the same method :(

--

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Open one image in paint. Drag the handle of the edge of the border to make
your picture bigger (or Image menu - Attributes and enter the new size).
Either you have already copied the other picture to the clipboard, in which
case use Edit - Paste then drag the new image off the old image to next to
it - note you can only drag just after inserting, or use Edit menu - Paste
From and drag next to pic1 again.