PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

darklink64

I went on holiday for a month and I return to m computer in not such a
good state.

My sister denies breaking it, but anyway, I bought loads of games when
i was away and i wanna play them!

So here goes, when i turn on the computer it gets to the XP loading
screen, and as soon as you would expect the welcome screen to appear,
it reboots. the same thing happens in safe mode, it loads all the
drivers, it gets to mup.sys and then restarts.

i tried using recovery console, and as soon as i chose which windows
installation to use recovery console on I get a blue screen of death
with this stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. i don't really know
what could have happened while i was away, but she (my sister) says she
didnt do anything;

i don't really know how to procede with fixing it - can anyone help?

thanks a lot!

darklink64

i've done everything i can from his list of suggestions, but most of
them require access to windows which is what i don't have.

i only get the bluescreen when i try and use recovery console.

i feel like i'm never gonna get this fixed!

Press F8 constantly until a menu appears when your computer is booting up.
Then Select "Last Known Good Configuration" see if it works. If not same
steps but this time select "Safe Mode" then logon with your user or
administrator right click my computer - properties - Under Performance ,
click Settings - Advanced tab - Under Virtual Memory, click Change. Select No
Paging File and click Set. Then click OK. and reboot. See if it helps.

Alex Moreau

You haven't given any information regarding your hardware, but just a few
suggestions:

1) Are you overclocking your system? If so, set all clock speeds and
voltages back to normal in whatever way applicable to your board (bios,
jumpers, dip switches...)

2) Check your RAM. If you have multiple sticks of RAM, try removing all
sticks and re-inserting one at a time (unless your mobo requires 2). After
inserting one stick, try starting the machine. If it still blue screens,
pull it and insert another.

Have you tried starting your system in safe mode?

Also, it might be helpful if you provided the stop code. Below is a google
search that may be of use:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA<[email protected]> wrote in messagei've done everything i can from his list of suggestions, but most of> them require access to windows which is what i don't have.>> i only get the bluescreen when i try and use recovery console.>> i feel like i'm never gonna get this fixed!>>> Will Denny wrote:>> Hi>>>> Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left handcolumn>> (50)>>>> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm>>>> -->>>>>> Will Denny>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User>> Please reply to the News Groups>>>> <[email protected]> wrote in message>> >I went on holiday for a month and I return to m computer in not such a>> > good state.>> >>> > My sister denies breaking it, but anyway, I bought loads of games when>> > i was away and i wanna play them!>> >>> > So here goes, when i turn on the computer it gets to the XP loading>> > screen, and as soon as you would expect the welcome screen to appear,>> > it reboots. the same thing happens in safe mode, it loads all the>> > drivers, it gets to mup.sys and then restarts.>> >>> > i tried using recovery console, and as soon as i chose which windows>> > installation to use recovery console on I get a blue screen of death>> > with this stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. i don't really know>> > what could have happened while i was away, but she (my sister) says she>> > didnt do anything;>> >>> > i don't really know how to procede with fixing it - can anyone help?>> >>> > thanks a lot!>> >>