Page File

David Candy

Well you are an idiot as you ignore me who says non sp won't accept legit passwords in the r/c. So help yourself.

How to lose a war in Iraq
http://webdiary.com.au/cms/?q=node/1335#comment-48641
torgrot said:
It is pre-installed as I said in one of the posts it has a dell diagnostics
partition. I have bought dozens of PCs at work for our control systems. I
don't know of any manufacturer that sells a PC with out an operating system
pre-installed. This had Windows XP SP1 installed when I bought it. I have
used the recovery console on several of my pre-installed PCs at work. That
is why I ignored your comment.

David Candy said:
I ask questions for a reason. You should take the hint. Non SP preinstalled computers cannot log on to R/C. You need boot floppies. So perhaps the flip who has ignored me may answer you if you ask to see if it is old and preinstalled.

How to lose a war in Iraq
http://webdiary.com.au/cms/?q=node/1335#comment-48641
Dave Patrick said:
You'll need to get to the bottom of why you can't start the RC. You may need
to run chkdsk /r from the RC

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
|I tried at the command prompt del pagefile.sys and it replied it couldn't
| find it. I can't see it in Windows Explorer ever. I have View set to
show
| hidden and system files etc... but it never shows up. I have tried
searching
| for it and it never finds it. I tried attrib pagefile.sys and it doesn't
| find it.

David Candy

Ok I understand now, the moron Dave Patrick has been snipping the thread so there can be no independent review of his actions.

Dave Patrick said:
You'll need to get to the bottom of why you can't start the RC. You may need
to run chkdsk /r from the RC

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
|I tried at the command prompt del pagefile.sys and it replied it couldn't
| find it. I can't see it in Windows Explorer ever. I have View set to
show
| hidden and system files etc... but it never shows up. I have tried
searching
| for it and it never finds it. I tried attrib pagefile.sys and it doesn't
| find it.

Dave Patrick

How idiotic. Please disappear.

"David Candy" <.> wrote:
Ok I understand now, the moron Dave Patrick has been snipping the thread so
there can be no independent review of his actions.

Well after doing some extensive diagnostics on the disk drive it would appear
that the drive has a fatal flaw in an address track. It is a Western Digital
drive and fails to even read past a particular point. I have secured another
drive and will be reinstalling. Thank you for your assistance.

George T. Grote
Project Engineer
Mittal Steel USA

Dave Patrick

Glad to hear you've found the problem.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Well after doing some extensive diagnostics on the disk drive it would
appear
| that the drive has a fatal flaw in an address track. It is a Western
Digital
| drive and fails to even read past a particular point. I have secured
another
| drive and will be reinstalling. Thank you for your assistance.
|
| George T. Grote
| Project Engineer
| Mittal Steel USA

Set your page file to system managed size, and reboot, it should be fine, or
if not try 1.5 times the size of installed ram... nobody needs a two gig
pagefile..