P4P800-E deluxe, sharing a success story... THANKS ASUS !

James Bald

currently running stable since a week my self build P4P800-E delux system.
P4C 2.8Ghz @ 3Ghz FSB 881Mhz, rock stable under all torture tests I throw at it.
Motherboard temperature never rise above 33C,
(mobo rev 1.02; BIOS 1002)
CPU IDLE-33C Under Torture keep at 49C now that the Intel HS has settled better.
Mid tower, China A-6 (copy of ANTEC casing); PSU = ANTEC TruePower 480Watts.

Kingston KVR DDRVALUE Kingston KVR400X64C32A/512 MOSEL Assy in China(2)
Onboard chips are MOSEL Vitelic corp V58C2256804SAT5
Two bought same batch, same day; Installed in blue slots.

PAT enabled. (mobo bios == MAM) [PAT acceleration shows well in SANDRA]
CPU manual overclock: (CPU 220Mhz, and FSB indicates 881Mhz)
ATI Radeon 9800Pro DVI/TV
OS= Win2KPro
Maxtor 6Y120PO (8MB cache), 45MB STR, measured true.

Juste install the full package of ASUS/intel drivers, and make sure DMA is set for
every devices on IDE channels.

Man..... This is BLISS.... I'm running case closed, first time in years.
Stock intel HS solution rocks when properly installed.. And I mean don't touch
the heat transfer pad, don't even allow a dust particle to land on it; Install it by
rocking slightly in order to minimize micro air bubbles.
When you build a system from scratch every single detail counts.

Never underestimate the importance of a powerful PSU as clean as ANTEC.

-- I'm thinking about adding a Maxtor drive to make it RAID0, but I already have
IDE2 taken with MASTER DvD writer, Slave SONY old DvD reader. (Both fine UDMA2)
Someone mentionned I could have a SATA Maxtor 120GB drive and keep my ATA 120GB.
It sounds wild.
Anyone have an idea if I can setup a raid0 array ?

Now,
I see not a single graphical artefact with this setup on a NEC 19" diamondron.
Quality brand value DDR ****rules*****.
SANDRA 2004 reports in 'Memory bandwidth test'.
9711MB/s factor 12.2. ..... If SANDRA could talk, she would moan like me. :)

P.S.. This setup is possibly unique combination of recent SL6WT CPU core dated March 2004,
MALASYA. [My fav factory close to an old Aussie friend]. And surprizing Kingston Value;

YET, this setup will NOT post with TURBO mode set in bios. Not even Standard. I have to set AUTO.
Sandra benchmarks have spoken.. This setup works like a silver bullet.

Regards
THANK YOU ASUS !....... >8D

James Bald

James Bald wrote in message said:
currently running stable since a week my self build P4P800-E delux system.
P4C 2.8Ghz @ 3Ghz FSB 881Mhz, rock stable under all torture tests I throw at it.
Motherboard temperature never rise above 33C,
(mobo rev 1.02; BIOS 1002)
CPU IDLE-33C Under Torture keep at 49C now that the Intel HS has settled better.
Just bought Micro$oft Combat Flight Simulator 3.
If you want to stress to computer, use this software.
I got the CPU to 55C and mobo 35C with the current setup. case closed room 24C.
Forgot to mention the CPU is at factory voltage settings.
I will never raise the voltage in order to get 3.3Ghz working, even it I post and load Win2k fine.
3.3 is not stable here, considering I VALUE DDR (FSB won't take it abobe 881Mhz).

It would have been fun to get some comments here about my setup,
but I guess you are all considering selling your P4S800 and smoking Prescott 3Ghz now

Prescott flunks benchmark tests
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/chips/0,39020354,39145271,00.htm

Check out the comparison with every single other processors:
Many times the Prescott 4E falls a little behind the P4C...Such a waste of heat.
http://www.materiel.be/cpu/2004cpu/page7.php
:p

Cheers.