Owner vs Administrator

Skybuck Flying

Hi,

My parents have the dutch version of windows xp home edition.

The administrator account is called "owner" or "eigenaar" in dutch.

The owner doesn't really administrate the computer, I do that ;)

So it looks weird if I login into the computer as the "owner".

I am not the owner ! ;)

So it would be better if even the home edition makes a difference between
the owner and the administrator ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Malke

Skybuck said:
Hi,

My parents have the dutch version of windows xp home edition.

The administrator account is called "owner" or "eigenaar" in dutch.

The owner doesn't really administrate the computer, I do that ;)

So it looks weird if I login into the computer as the "owner".

I am not the owner ! ;)

So it would be better if even the home edition makes a difference
between the owner and the administrator ;)

The company that set up the computer made the Owner account. It is a
generic way of creating a user account. After all, Gateway (for
example) has no idea to whom that particular computer will be sold.

There is nothing to prevent you from creating your own user account on
the system and calling it whatever you want.

Malke

Ron Sommer

The owner account is an administrator account, but not 'the' administrator
account.
'The' administrator account is accessed by booting to SafeMode.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Ron,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I notice the issue is occurring on a German version Windows
XP Pro machine. To provide further effective assistance, we might need to
collect some system information to perform troubleshooting steps. If we get
the non-English information from our customers, it is always hard for us to
troubleshoot such kind of problems as we cannot understand any non-English
information or error messages correctly. Therefore, I still recommend you
contact the local CSS to troubleshoot the problem effectively. To contact
local CSS, please find the contact information from this link:
International Support (non-US/Canada):
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

Or it would be best addressed in the German newsgroups where other folks
may have already experienced this issue.

Microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp

You can find these newsgroups by connecting you news reader to
Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:

Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164.

Appreciate your cooperation and understanding!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Sommer" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Owner vs Administrator
| Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:01:39 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| The owner account is an administrator account, but not 'the'
administrator
| account.
| 'The' administrator account is accessed by booting to SafeMode.
| --
| Ron Sommer
|
| | > Hi,
| >
| > My parents have the dutch version of windows xp home edition.
| >
| > The administrator account is called "owner" or "eigenaar" in dutch.
| >
| > The owner doesn't really administrate the computer, I do that ;)
| >
| > So it looks weird if I login into the computer as the "owner".
| >
| > I am not the owner ! ;)
| >
| > So it would be better if even the home edition makes a difference
between
| > the owner and the administrator ;)
| >
| > Bye,
| > Skybuck.

Ron Sommer

There are two major mistakes in your reply.
Ron did not post the original question.
Why did you tell someone with a dutch system to use German newsgroups?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Ron,

I am sorry for my mistake. That reply should be delivered to Skybuck. And
we should recommend Skybuck to contact Dutch local CSS.

Ron, thanks again for pointing out my mistakes so that they can be
corrected.

Hi Skybuck,

You may contact Dutch local CSS, please find the contact information from
this link:
International Support (non-US/Canada):
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Sommer" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Owner vs Administrator
| Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:58:23 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| There are two major mistakes in your reply.
| Ron did not post the original question.
| Why did you tell someone with a dutch system to use German newsgroups?
| --
| Ron Sommer
|
| | > Hello Ron,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, I notice the issue is occurring on a German version
| > Windows
| > XP Pro machine. To provide further effective assistance, we might need
| > collect some system information to perform troubleshooting steps. If we
| > get
| > the non-English information from our customers, it is always hard for
us
| > troubleshoot such kind of problems as we cannot understand any
non-English
| > information or error messages correctly. Therefore, I still recommend
you
| > contact the local CSS to troubleshoot the problem effectively. To
contact
| > local CSS, please find the contact information from this link:
| > International Support (non-US/Canada):
| > <http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>
| >
| > Or it would be best addressed in the German newsgroups where other folks
| > may have already experienced this issue.
| >
| > Microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp
| >
| > You can find these newsgroups by connecting you news reader to
| > Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:
| >
| > Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164.
| >
| > Appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Ron Sommer" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: Owner vs Administrator
| > | Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:01:39 -0600
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| > |
| > | The owner account is an administrator account, but not 'the'
| > administrator
| > | account.
| > | 'The' administrator account is accessed by booting to SafeMode.
| > | --
| > | Ron Sommer
| > |

| > between