Overheating Pentium 4 3ghz

parsojmu

I have got a pentium 4 that keeps overheating but only when im
exporting form adobe premiere or converting media files, i can run a
lot of software and it works fine, but it is becoming quite a
problem.

BobR

JAD wrote in message ...
clean your cooling fans with compressed air.

A cheapshot work-around I've used when processing graphics is to hit
ctrl-alt-del, wait for the CPU to cool down, then click on 'cancel' to
continue. Repeat if the heat goes up before your process is done. [assuming
an ms OS]

But, do try to fix the problem.

DaveW

Time to install a heavier duty CPU cooling fan. AND better case cooling if
necessary.

Ed Medlin

parsojmu said:
I have got a pentium 4 that keeps overheating but only when im
exporting form adobe premiere or converting media files, i can run a
lot of software and it works fine, but it is becoming quite a
problem.

How hot is it getting? What P4 processor? Does it throttle down or keep
operating normally? It is normal for the CPU to get hotter during a lot of
stress. As long as it is staying within operating limits it should be fine.
Check at www.intel.com for your processor and you will find the recommended
operating temperature range for your processor.

Ed

Bioboffin

Ed said:
How hot is it getting? What P4 processor? Does it throttle down or
keep operating normally? It is normal for the CPU to get hotter
during a lot of stress. As long as it is staying within operating
limits it should be fine. Check at www.intel.com for your processor
and you will find the recommended operating temperature range for
your processor.
Ed

How do you know it is overheating? If you are getting beeps from the
motherboard, it could be that the warning temperature setting in the BIOS is
set too low. As Ed mentioned, if it isn't throttling back, it probably is
O.K.

John.