Access Overflow error

Reaction score
So at my firm, we run updates everyday through our access database, which is built off of query upon query upon table upon query. I didn't build it, but when running one of our updates, we got an overflow error which has never occurred before Monday. I ran through all of the queries and found the query that wouldn't run and tried to convert everything to long data-types with the CLng function. That didn't work. So I tried the CLng function with the Nz function and that still didn't work. Then I tried removing individual pieces from the query to see if one of them was causing the error, and that didn't work. I am running out of ideas on how to make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also say that the query is pulling from another query that pulls from a .csv file and another table in access.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to PCR sbraun27 enjoy the site and join in. I cannot answer your question but I am sure some of our more techie types may be able to help you.

Ask a Question