Outlook2000 running multiple users with Exchange2000

G

Folks
I work for a small company and am using my OLD MSDN (2000) to install a office Intranet Mail Service. I have Exchange2000 with Outlook2000 as the mail client. This is working fine for our 3 in office users. We have 2 users at mall locations and I use "gotomypc" to have them connect to a machine in the office

I want them to use the Outlook PIM so we can share calendar and tasks as a company and keep everybody on the same page. What I cannot figure out how to do (if possible) is have the Outlook2000 on the local machine set up to react in the following manor

User connects to machine in the office. User starts the MS Outlook on the machine he has connected to. Outlook challenges the user for a valid office mailbox user name. User selects his name and outlook2000 brings up his mailbox. When the user finishes he logs off Outlook. The next user who uses the machine (either through remote web connection or locally) gets challenged and the same process repeats

The Outlook profile is Microsoft Exchange Server and each of the users have been added in the AD and are valid users with mailboxes. I would appreciate any help with doing this.

PS... I am not a programme

Mike

W

William Tatum[MSFT]

I believe the information you are looking for is located in this article:

242873.KB.EN-US XCLN: How to Secure Outlook When You Have to Step Away from Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;242873

You can setup exchange security to query for exchange username and password each time Outlook
is opened to that specific profile.

--------------------
Thread-Topic: Outlook2000 running multiple users with Exchange2000
thread-index: AcQKAHsewBw6MrUeSOCWtJUvF8zh3A==
X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Subject: Outlook2000 running multiple users with Exchange2000
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:11:05 -0800

I work for a small company and am using my OLD MSDN (2000) to install a office Intranet Mail
Service. I have Exchange2000 with Outlook2000 as the mail client. This is working fine for our 3 in
office users. We have 2 users at mall locations and I use "gotomypc" to have them connect to a
machine in the office

I want them to use the Outlook PIM so we can share calendar and tasks as a company and keep
everybody on the same page. What I cannot figure out how to do (if possible) is have the Outlook2000
on the local machine set up to react in the following manor

User connects to machine in the office. User starts the MS Outlook on the machine he has connected
to. Outlook challenges the user for a valid office mailbox user name. User selects his name and
outlook2000 brings up his mailbox. When the user finishes he logs off Outlook. The next user who
uses the machine (either through remote web connection or locally) gets challenged and the same
process repeats

The Outlook profile is Microsoft Exchange Server and each of the users have been added in the AD
and are valid users with mailboxes. I would appreciate any help with doing this.

PS... I am not a programme

Mike
William R. Tatum III - MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Tecnnical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications

Ask a Question