Outlook Script to Assign Category & Move Message

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to write a macro for Microsoft Outlook 2007 Professional that will do the following things: (1) check to be sure the current folder is "Junk E-Mail", otherwise abort the script; (2) select all messages in the folder; (3) mark all selected messages as read; (4) assign category "Junk" to all selected messages; and (5) move all selected messages to a PST archive named "Junk Current" (this is both the file name and the display name). My goal for 2007 is to keep SPAM in a totally separate archive to speed searching and ease file management, and this macro is meant to simplify the process.

I have found code elsewhere to move messages to a sub-folder of the Inbox, but not to a PST file. Also, can't figure out how to be sure I'm in the right sub-folder, assign category, etc. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question