Outlook Outlook *.pst problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to compress my PST file, but Outlook (2002) doesn't want to work with me. I am at the last step and click 'compress'. The message box comes up as usual, saying 'Compressing...'... but disappears 1-2 seconds later. No error message or anything. Just gives up (if it even started). The file is 870Mb, so even though it's not so small, it shouldn't be too big either (from what I have gathered).

Anyone have seen the same... Outlook takes a short peek and decides not to?

Grateful for suggestions what could be wrong.

/Niclas

Reaction score
Try running a repair install on outlook and then try compress again..from what I can remember "please don't quote" 2002 .pst file can be upto 2 gig, so you're half way there..

Reaction score
Compress and Repair PST file

You will found following article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289987
helpful to succeesfully compact your (.pst) file - to eliminate deleted item space, recover room on your hard disk and don't let its size increases much which may lead to pst file corruption.

In case your pst file is corrupted try a powerful PST Repair software which scans and repair corrupted pst file successfully.

Runarsson said:
I'm trying to compress my PST file, but Outlook (2002) doesn't want to work with me. I am at the last step and click 'compress'. The message box comes up as usual, saying 'Compressing...'... but disappears 1-2 seconds later. No error message or anything. Just gives up (if it even started). The file is 870Mb, so even though it's not so small, it shouldn't be too big either (from what I have gathered).

Anyone have seen the same... Outlook takes a short peek and decides not to?

Grateful for suggestions what could be wrong.

/Niclas

Ask a Question