Outlook not responding while exporting calendar to .csv

W

Wei

Hi,

Anyone experiencing issues on exporting a calendar into .csv file in Outlook 2007 trial version?

I have a shared calendar with 1500 entries. I created a backup calendar in .pst file and copied over all 1500 entries. Then I ran export function in Outlook 2007 but it will run but unresponsive after an hour.

Any thoughts?? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Wei

B

Brian Tillman

Wei said:
Anyone experiencing issues on exporting a calendar into .csv file in
Outlook 2007 trial version?

A side question: why are you exporting to a CSV? Not for backup purposes, I
hope.
I have a shared calendar with 1500 entries. I created a backup
calendar in .pst file and copied over all 1500 entries. Then I ran
export function in Outlook 2007 but it will run but unresponsive
after an hour.

1500 contacts shouldn't take all long to export. However, can you export a
fewer number? Move, say, half of the contacts to yet another folder, then
try to export the 750 contacts remaining. Does that work?

W

Wei

It is really for analysis purpose. I was hoping to sync with a Sharepoint 2007 calendar but it seems there is no really auto sync other than drag and drop. Also lots of fields are put together into description field as text.

I tried to run just one day but it seems to be unresponsive after 10 minutes. Going to try again today.

Is there any system requirement? This company PC is pretty old with only 256MB RAM.

W

Wei

I started using a PC with 1GB RAM with Outlook 2003

I changed my permission to "Owner" status for the shared calendar. I also went into E-mail Accounts to add the mailbox where that shared calendar exists.

Then I created a backup pst file and copy over the shared calendar. Outlook 2003 still crashed on me several times while exporting the calendar into csv file. The crash seems to be randomly. Sometimes I get a successful run and sometimes I don't. There is no error code or anything when Outlook crashes. I kinda narrowed it down to January data, but then the export would run without crash after the 3rd time.

Is it possible one of the calendar item contain illegal characters or something? I notices some square boxes in description files in csv file on some calendar items when there is no square boxes on the shared calendar for the same items.

B

Brian Tillman

Wei said:
Is it possible one of the calendar item contain illegal characters or
something? I notices some square boxes in description files in csv
file on some calendar items when there is no square boxes on the
shared calendar for the same items.

Depending on how an item was added to a calendar, I believe it's possible
for it to contain illegal data.

Ask a Question