Outlook forms wont cross Exchange boundaries

C

Carl Cranstone

I work for a large organisation with multiple Exchanges across 7 States. I have an Outlook form I developed which is pretty basic, contains no code, but has some validation checks.

I can send the form to anyone within my own Exchange, but trying to get the form to reach a recipient on another Exchange is not working. After a period of time, the sender reasons an undeliverable notification saying that the item could not be delivered in the time frame specified.

There's nothing on the form to specify a time frame, it has default settings.

An ordinary email will reach the recipient no problem. It is strictly a problem for Outlook forms.

I dont have access to the infrastructure...the EDS company administers our Exchanges. I've been talking to their Help Desk but getting nowhere.

What are the possible causes of this? I'd imagine some kind of permission/trust issue ... but how can I frame this in language that the EDS people might understand?

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The most common cause, I suspect, is Exchange stripping the rich-text content. I've never heard of the NDR, though.

I've collected what I know on this subject at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sendform.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

C

carlcranstone

Thanks Sue,... I've forwarded the link to our IT people, hopefully they
can get something out of it. RTF being blocked by the exchange is
quite possible...our organisation gets a lot of spam & the security
dept are constantly looking for ways to block it. I'm wondering if
they've blocked RTF for that reason.