Outlook Express question

W

Wolf Mestre

I have three languages enabled, namely, English (US), Hebrew, Arabic.
The default encoding I choose in Tools/Options/Read/Fonts, is Unicode (UTF-8). In Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, I have Latin,
The problem is, that while the message text is seen correctly, the Subject and From Line in the Preview Pane appears as a series of question marks (???????? ???) when the original text is not in Latin characters.
I have tried any possible combination of the parameters in CP and OE Options, to no avail. The Encoding options under View in OE do not change the way the Preview Pane is seen.
The problem is that I cannot know what the message is about before I download it.
Can somebody give me a hint?

Wolf

P

Peter Foldes

Resent to the OE newsgroup

--
Peter
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

I have three languages enabled, namely, English (US), Hebrew, Arabic.
The default encoding I choose in Tools/Options/Read/Fonts, is Unicode (UTF-8). In
Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, I have Latin,
The problem is, that while the message text is seen correctly, the Subject and From
Line in the Preview Pane appears as a series of question marks (???????? ???) when
the original text is not in Latin characters.
I have tried any possible combination of the parameters in CP and OE Options, to no
avail. The Encoding options under View in OE do not change the way the Preview Pane
is seen.
The problem is that I cannot know what the message is about before I download it.
Can somebody give me a hint?

Wolf

W

Wolf Mestre

Thank you. I know how to do this for individual messages and it doesn't help. As default for all messages, I don't know how to do it. I don't find the possibility you suggest in "options". Maybe you want to advise further.
Thank you again,
Wolf

D

DAS

Tools/Options/Send/Mail sending format.

You could always try the Help section in OE...

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
Thank you. I know how to do this for individual messages and it doesn't
help. As default for all messages, I don't know how to do it. I don't find
the possibility you suggest in "options". Maybe you want to advise further.
Thank you again,
Wolf

Ask a Question