outlook express 6 problem

nick

my outlook express says this when it trys to connect why
is this
The connection to the server has failed.
Account: 'pop.eastlink.ca', Server: 'pop.eastlink.ca',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

can anyone help me with this

*Vanguard*

"nick" said in news:[email protected]:
my outlook express says this when it trys to connect why
is this
The connection to the server has failed.
Account: 'pop.eastlink.ca', Server: 'pop.eastlink.ca',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

can anyone help me with this

Wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is for Outlook, not Outlook Express.
Outlook Express used to be called Internet Mail & News. It was
unfortunate that Microsoft decided to rename it Outlook Express since
many users seem to think it has anything to do with Outlook. Outlook
and Outlook Express are different products, they are not siblings of
each other, OE is not a "lite" version of Outlook and one is free and
the other is not.

If you are using a newsreader client, like Outlook Express, search the
newsgroups provided by your Internet service provider (ISP) or use
Microsoft's own public NNTP server (news.microsoft.com) for those that
have "express" in them and are for Outlook Express at the version you
have. If you are using a web interface to newsgroups, like Google
Groups, do a search on "Outlook Express" and you'll see a newsgroup
listed for OE6. If using Microsoft's Community web interface to
newsgroups, look under wherever Internet Explorer is found since Outlook
Express is a component of IE.

Tedd Riggs

Nick,
You would most likely get more help in the Outlook Express group as this is
for Outlook
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress is a
good one to try.

I am not familiar with your ISP's set up, but you have listed: Server:
'pop.eastlink.ca', you might just want to try adding a 3 to the POP server
as alot of them require this, so maybe: Server: 'pop3.eastlink.ca' ?