Outlook Connector User Community

Bryan

You think we could get a dedicated user forum for Outlook Connector since it
doesn't come with support and has so many problems?

One that is responsive and staffed with someone in Tech Support or
development who can address the many problems with this product?

Would that be asking too much??

Bryan

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...e1fd0b319&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

You think we could get a dedicated user forum for Outlook Connector since
it
doesn't come with support and has so many problems?

One that is responsive and staffed with someone in Tech Support or
development who can address the many problems with this product?

Did I wish to post a question, I might try
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop, since both Windows Live Mail and
the Outlok Connector use DeltaSync to perform their functions. The worst
that could happen would be a hint that I was posting in the wrong group.
Other possible groups would be microsoft.public.internet.mail or
microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Since it’s a free product, staffed with a dev or paid tech support is
definitely asking too much. Sorry.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Bryan

The problem is that I can't ever seem to find the right forum when I need
to.. This could be easier for users.

Who would logically think Microsoft Office Outlook Connector would be
supported in Live Mail Desktop? Who would know about Deltasync and why
would users want or need to know this? We're just looking for some help.

Bryan

I don't think my question was either unreasonable or facitious..

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

They might both use the same protocol, but heck, so a lot of programs use
POP3 protocol and we can't answer questions about all POP3 clients.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Bryan

I'm not surprised.. Someday paying for Microsoft Office will be too much
also..

You'd think that the Outlook Connector, being promoted as heavily as it is,
would come with some help. Maybe the "Contact Us" item in the Outlook
Connector may lead to the proper support forum..

Besides I'm a paying Live Mail subscriber.. for now..

Bryan

Bryan said:
You think we could get a dedicated user forum for Outlook Connector since
it
doesn't come with support and has so many problems?

One that is responsive and staffed with someone in Tech Support or
development who can address the many problems with this product?

Would that be asking too much??

Bryan

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...e1fd0b319&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

Bryan

I can't tell who or what you're addressing with that response.

Brian Tillman said:
Did I wish to post a question, I might try
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop, since both Windows Live Mail
and the Outlok Connector use DeltaSync to perform their functions. The
worst that could happen would be a hint that I was posting in the wrong
group. Other possible groups would be microsoft.public.internet.mail or
microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The message I'm replying to is quoted below my signature but I'll repeat it
here:
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Did I wish to post a question, I might try
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop, since both Windows Live
Mail
and the Outlok Connector use DeltaSync to perform their functions. The
worst that could happen would be a hint that I was posting in the wrong
group. Other possible groups would be microsoft.public.internet.mail
or
microsoft.public.msn.discussion
<snip>

--

Diane Poremsky said:
They might both use the same protocol, but heck, so a lot of programs use
POP3 protocol and we can't answer questions about all POP3 clients.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your

Brian Tillman said:
You think we could get a dedicated user forum for Outlook Connector
since
it
doesn't come with support and has so many problems?

One that is responsive and staffed with someone in Tech Support or
development who can address the many problems with this product?

Did I wish to post a question, I might try
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop, since both Windows Live
Mail
and the Outlok Connector use DeltaSync to perform their functions. The
worst that could happen would be a hint that I was posting in the wrong
group. Other possible groups would be microsoft.public.internet.mail
or
microsoft.public.msn.discussion

Roady [MVP]

What's wrong with using this newsgroup for it?
Most issues with the Outlook Connector can be related back to general
Outlook issues such as having a virus scanner integrated with Outlook.

I'm with Diane; Getting a staffed newsgroup for a free product might be too
much to ask. As it falls under the Windows Live flag, budget will probably
need to come from there so you might want to send this feedback to the
Windows Live section as well.

Good Luck!

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

They might both use the same protocol, but heck, so a lot of programs use
POP3 protocol and we can't answer questions about all POP3 clients.

Yeah, but I was just trying to suggest some groups that might also have
discussions.