Outlook COM Add-In not listed in "COM Add-Ins" menu

Gorath

Hi all,

I wrote Outlook COM Add-In that adds a custom toolbar to Outlook. It
was working fine, but few days ago, the custom toolbar just
disappeared. Suspecting my COM Add-In was being disabled, I opened
Outlook "Disabled Items" window to find that my COM Add-In was not
listed there. Then, I opened up "COM Add-Ins" window expecting to see
my COM Add-In being unchecked. However, my COM Add-In was not even
listed there! I even tried to register my COM Add-Ins manually by
using "regsvr32.exe", but still couldn't see my COM Add-In in "COM
Add-Ins" window.

I even searched system registry to make sure that COM Add-In object
was properly registered, and found nothing wrong. Can anyone please
tell me in what circumstance, an Outlook COM Add-In stops showing up?
Here is my system spec,

Windows XP/SP1
Outlook XP/SP1

Thanks!

Tom Rizzo [MSFT]

It's not in the registry either? If you register your addin under the local
machine subkey, it won't appear in the UI in Outlook (just like the Outlook
VBA COM Add-in doesn't appear in the UI) and it will work for all users of
Outlook on the machine.

You can re-register your add-in if it got deleted from the registry and
Outlook will pick it up.

Tom

Gorath

I found a registry key with COM Add-In name is successfully added
under "HKCU\software\microsoft\office\outlook\addins\" key. I even
searched HEKY_CLASSES_ROOT to make sure that my COM Add-In is properly
registered in the system. My Add-In used to work fine, but all of
sudden it just stopped working. I suspect that some security patches
from Microsoft might be causing this problem. Here is my registry
values under

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyOutlookAddin.MyAddin]
"FriendlyName"="My Outlook Addin"
"Description"="My Outlook Addin"
"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003
"CommandLineSafe"=dword:00000000
"AddInMon"=dword:00000001

Thanks.

news.microsoft.com

Hi,

I have experienced the same behavior.

It happend in my case on my own computer after I have made some debugging on
a new version. After that, Outlook doesn't seem to recognize an eralier
version. I got it working by deleting the add-in and installing it again.

Bjørn

--
Looking for a good book on programming Exchange, Outlook, ADSI and
SharePoint? Check out http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5517.asp