Outlook 2007 via RPC

T

Tech

Hi,

I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine.
If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too.

If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights

I have connection problems....

"Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file"

check name does not work, but looking at the account it has resolved user names etc.
It will ask for user name a couple of times then fail with the above message.

Is it possible to do this without using a VPN?

many thanks in advance

V

Victor

I had the same problem just try to disable windows firewall and create a new profile, works for me!

techiebreakie wrote on Wed, 27 January 2010 10:30
Hi,

I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine.
If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too.

If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights

I have connection problems....

"Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file"

check name does not work, but looking at the account it has resolved user names etc.
It will ask for user name a couple of times then fail with the above message.

Is it possible to do this without using a VPN?

many thanks in advance

Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Ask a Question