Outlook 2007 rules only work when RUN manually

I have Outlook 2007 but I had the same problem in 2003.
I have rules set up for different newsgroups to move email to the individual
folders when they arrive.
I have a different email addresses for each newsgroup .
That all works well & moves the mail as it should.

But when I put in criteria for Junk mail words to permanently delete it when
it comes in, it does'nt. It goes to my junk mail folder.
If I manually run Rules the ones that apply all get permanently deleted.
When I set up a rule to permanently delete .it also checks the "stop
processing more rules" box automatically.

Example Rule that does not work:
Apply this rule after the message arrives with "Regions Bank" in the subject
or body & permanently delete it and stop processing more rules.

Example Rule that does work:
Apply this rule after the message arrives from "(e-mail address removed)" and on
this machine only move it to the "Foretravel" folder.
I have turned off the spam filtering from my Kaspersky Security Suite"
In case it was interfering.

It seems so simple but It just wont delete them.
Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you can, but not to delete or move the messages unless you white list the
sender or recipient.

Is there a reason you want to use rules, not junk email, to handle the junk
mail?

you can try Sue's method instead of the junk mail folder:
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.asp

beamone said:
Does that mean I cannot use Rules if Outlook determines it is spam?
If that is the case is there any other options?

Brian Tillman

beamone said:
I have Outlook 2007 but I had the same problem in 2003.
I have rules set up for different newsgroups to move email to the
individual folders when they arrive.
I have a different email addresses for each newsgroup .
That all works well & moves the mail as it should.

Newsgroups don't use email.
But when I put in criteria for Junk mail words to permanently delete
it when it comes in, it does'nt. It goes to my junk mail folder.
If I manually run Rules the ones that apply all get permanently
deleted. When I set up a rule to permanently delete .it also checks
the "stop processing more rules" box automatically.

The Junk E-mail filter runs before your rules, so messages you test with
rules will be gone before the rules run if Outlook thinks they're junk.

I do want to use Junk mail but I also wanted to use rules to delete some of
them so I dont need to check as many in the junk folder for one that should
not be there.
The number of junk has become enormous. I assume they mined them from
newsgroups since that is the only place certain addresses are used.

I looked at the site that you referred to & I dont have those options it
lists.

How to Automatically Move or Delete E-mail Messages Based on Content
1. From your Inbox folder, on the Tools menu, click Organize.
2. Click Junk E-Mail. (I dont have this available )
3. In the Automatically <action> Junk messages box, click to select Move,
click to select the destination folder from the list, and then click Turn On.
4. In the Automatically <action> Adult messages box, click to select Move,
click to select the destination folder from the list, and then click Turn On.

So you are saying once it determines that it is junk I cannot use rules to
further delete certain ones? Is that correct?