Outlook 2007 not working with pop3 account

Help
Installed Outlook 2007, have MSN premium been using with outlook express
2000 with no problems for 2yrs, configured Outlook for MSN pop3 account now I
get this error;

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was
interrupted. If this problem continues, contact you server administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).'

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was
interrupted. If this problem continues, contact you server administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).'

Running windows XP with service pack 2
Running Symantec AntiVirus
Running Zone Alarm Pro
Have DSL

PA Bear

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection, it may be causing the problem, and even Symantec says
it's not necessary:

<paste>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</paste>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106

I diabled the e-mail scanning by symantec and now I get a different error;

Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your
incoming (pop3) email server. If continue to receive this message, contact
you server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your
outgoing (SMTP) email server. If continue to receive this message, contact
you server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

My outlook express account still works

DL

You will probably have to completely remove Norton, in order to remove all
remnents, then in OL detect/repair

N. Miller

My outlook express account still works

I have no Outlook Express accounts. I have a number of POP3 accounts, a
couple of IMAP accounts, and one HTTPMail account; all of which can be
accessed using MS Outlook Expess 6, among other clients (I prefer using
Pegasus Mail).

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

I have removed Norton and reinstalled it and I am still getting the same
errors.
I turned norton off and still errors.
I turned zone allarm off and still same errors.
Any other ideas?

...winston

Does your msn account signup pre-date Aug 2002, Pop3 accounts ceased
around that time.

Installation of Msn Premium via MSn Explorer on a legacy pop3 account
should have been converted the account to http.

What mail server, port and encryption are you using in Outlook Express
and trying to use in Outlook 2007
- this was asked earlier

To ensure valid responses from all, please provide the above
information.

...winston
MS-MVP Windows Live Mail

Ok, maybe I don't have an pop3 account. I got my MSN account in Feb 06.
My server in outlook express is;
http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
I have MSN premium account with Qwest.
I did the auto configure and it said (your HTTP e-mail account is
successfully configured) but now the Logon/password window keeps coming up
and will not let me send or receive anything. It just keeps asking for my
password.
What am I doing wrong now?

Earle Horton

It sounds as if your forgot your password. It happens. You may have to
call customer support and get them to reset it.

Cheers,

Earle

I was able to logon to hotmail.com with no problem.
I used the other server name in outlook and still the logon/password window
keeps comeing up and will not let me in.

what else can I try?

...winston

If you can logon to hotmail that indicates your username and pw are
correct.
Thus the issue is local or the server.

Is this account the primary account and not a sub-account ?

You should be receiveing an error message of some sort.
- The last error message you posted was with the pop3 settings which
make those not applicable. What's the new message ?

Other options:
a.) Recreate the account anew
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287604/en-us
or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287424/en-us

Ignore the pop3 info in the first link(its not applicable and is
outdated)

Remove the account
Close OL
Open OL
Set it up manually

b.) your isp
c.) proxy settings in IE
e.) firewall
f.) av program
g.) try to setup in Outlook Express

Here's a link with a variety of items
http://support.microsoft.com/search...y=outlook+2007+hotmail&adv=&mode=s&cat=False- ...winstonMS-MVP Windows Live Mail"Swit77" <[email protected]> wrote in messagewas able to logon to hotmail.com with no problem.> I used the other server name in outlook and still the logon/passwordwindow> keeps comeing up and will not let me in.>> what else can I try?>> "...winston" wrote:>>> Can you logon to hotmail.com with your user id and password ?>>>> Suggested on Aug 11.>> - If you have an msn.com account instead of a hotmail account usethis>> server>> http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata>>>> ...winston>> MS-MVP Windows Live Mail>>>> "Swit77" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > Ok, maybe I don't have an pop3 account. I got my MSN account inFeb>> > 06.>> > My server in outlook express is;>> > http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp>> > I have MSN premium account with Qwest.>> > I did the auto configure and it said (your HTTP e-mail account is>> > successfully configured) but now the Logon/password window keeps>> > coming up>> > and will not let me send or receive anything. It just keeps asking>> > for my>> > password.>> > What am I doing wrong now?>> >>> > "...winston" wrote:>> >>> >> Does your msn account signup pre-date Aug 2002, Pop3 accountsceased>> >> around that time.>> >>>> >> Installation of Msn Premium via MSn Explorer on a legacy pop3account>> >> should have been converted the account to http.>> >>>> >> What mail server, port and encryption are you using in Outlook>> >> Express>> >> and trying to use in Outlook 2007>> >> - this was asked earlier>> >>>> >> To ensure valid responses from all, please provide the above>> >> information.>> >>>> >> ...winston>> >> MS-MVP Windows Live Mail>> >>>> >> "Swit77" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> >> >> >I have removed Norton and reinstalled it and I am still gettingthe>> >> >same>> >> > errors.>> >> > I turned norton off and still errors.>> >> > I turned zone allarm off and still same errors.>> >> > Any other ideas?>> >>>> >>>>>>

It is my primary account (it is my only account)
The error message now is;

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied.
Verity that your username and password are correct. The server responed
"Authorization Required'.'

Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' ' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access
to the account was denied. Verity that your username and password are
correct. The server responed "Authorization Required'.'

I recreated the account, still the same thing.

http://support.microsoft.com/search...y=outlook+2007+hotmail&adv=&mode=s&cat=False- ...winstonMS-MVP Windows Live Mail"Swit77" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...>I was able to logon to hotmail.com with no problem.> I used the other server name in outlook and still the logon/passwordwindow> keeps comeing up and will not let me in.>> what else can I try?>> "...winston" wrote:>>> Can you logon to hotmail.com with your user id and password ?>>>> Suggested on Aug 11.>> - If you have an msn.com account instead of a hotmail account usethis>> server>> http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata>>>> ...winston>> MS-MVP Windows Live Mail>>>> "Swit77" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> news:[email protected]...>> > Ok, maybe I don't have an pop3 account. I got my MSN account inFeb>> > 06.>> > My server in
[...]

Wish I had more to add. If you've tried every single suggestion and all
settings and server are correct and it works in OE but not in OL07, then
calling MSn or Qwest may be your only choices.

PA Bear

IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites: type in

hotmail.com
windowslive.com

and Allow Cookies for each domain, in turn.

PA Bear

Correction:

IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites: type in

hotmail.com
live.com

and Allow Cookies for each domain, in turn.

Brian Tillman

Swit77 said:
It is my primary account (it is my only account)
The error message now is;

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was
denied.
Verity that your username and password are correct. The server
responed "Authorization Required'.'

Are you authenticating to the outgoing server?

Ok I am giveing up.
I thank you all for your help.
I am just staying with outlook express.