Outlook 2007 - Multiple Accounts, Automatically send From current Inbox (not the default account)

J

john

I'm trying to switch over to OL2007 from Thunderbird. I have several email accounts, some IMAP, some POP3. It really gripes me the way OL2007 handles multiple accounts. Sending an email from any of my accounts defaults to having been sent from a default account. What's so hard about composing an email from within a particular "Inbox" and having the email appear to have been sent from that account?? Instead, unless I remember to change it manually each and every time, OL2007 will cause the email will appear to have been sent from another address entirely.
For example I will send an email from my personal account and unless I remember to manually change it, that email will be sent as if it were from my work address. Totally confusing the recipient.
How can I configure OL2007 to automatically use the email address of the specific "Inbox" account that I compose and send the message from? Thunderbird was quite good at this and I'd expect OL2007 to handle this situation in the same logical manner. Anyone?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Ask a Question