Outlook 2007 Freze

Yotam Cohen

Hello
i have outlook 2007 32bit running over windows vista 64bit
when i make a new email and start typing my outlook got froze for few seconds
What should i do to fix it

Thank you for the help

Steven Du

Dear Yotam,

I understand that Outlook 2007 freezes for a few seconds when typing words
in a new email on the Vista 64 bit system. The issue is possible to be
caused by some add-ins or third party programs. To troubleshoot the issue,
I recommend we follow the steps below:

Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
*******************************
Let's start Outlook in Safe Mode by the following method to check whether
the issue persists in Outlook without extensions, preview pane, or toolbar
customization:

1. Click Start menu.
2. In the Search box, type: "Outlook /safe" (without the quotation marks).
Notes: There is a space character between Outlook and the forward slash (/).
3. Press Enter.
4. If the problem doesn't occur this time, please select Tools->Trust
Center->Add-ins->select COM Add-ins and click Go button->unselect all
add-ins and click OK. Then select Tools->Trust Center->Add-ins->select
other two items in the "Manage" list and click Go button->unselect all
add-ins and click OK.

If this issue still exists, please do the following the steps to see if it
can be resolved.

Step 2: Create a new profile
*****************************
A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new
profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt
profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old
profile.

1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. Click Switch to Classic View, and double click the Mail icon.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click the Show Profiles button.
4. On the General tab, click to select the Prompt for a profile to be used
check box.
5. Click Add.
6. In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new profile,
and then click OK.
7. In the Add New E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Microsoft Exchange,
POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
8. Enter the account settings (Name, E-mail Address and Password). Outlook
2007 will configure the email account for you.
9. Open Outlook and select the new profile you just created.

For more information, we might follow the article below:

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support

From: =?Utf-8?B?WW90YW0gQ29oZW4=?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Outlook 2007 Freze
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:17:01 -0700

Hello
i have outlook 2007 32bit running over windows vista 64bit
when i make a new email and start typing my outlook got froze for few
seconds
What should i do to fix it

Thank you for the help

Steven Du

Hello Yotam,

How are you?

We have not heard from you regarding this issue. Please post back here at
your convenience so that we can assist further.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support