Outlook 2007 freezes after downloading latest Microsoft Vista upda

R

russ

I recently downloaded all the latest Microsoft Vista updates that came two
days ago. Now, everytime I go to start Outlook 2007 the box opens, but
immediately freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Russ

Reaction score
EXACTLY the same problem

Hi everyone,

I have EXACTLY the same problem: Outlook 2007 (with Outlook connector) freezes completely, after I have downloaded the latest series of Microsoft Windows Vista updates released on 13/12/2008.

The problem looks serious. I have spent the last two day trying all known solutions for "easing" Outlook 2007's workload: suspend Windows indexation, defragment the disk, disable RSS feeds, disable some Outlook add-ins, even unistall one of the many Microsoft Windows Vista updates updates released on 13/12/2008 (Microsoft Oultook update), etc... None of these solutions worked...

The freeze is caused not by CPU overactivity, but disk supercharge, as shown by the Resources Monitor of Windows Task Manager. Soon after Outlook 2007 is launched, and seemingly as soon as there is a connection to the server, there is is consistently disk supercharge (the resource Monitor shows: "100% of maximum activity time"). Then everything freezes for hours, and the only way to close Outlook is to force the end of the process
through the Task Manager.

I need HELP! Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
I have uninstalled all recent Windows Vista updates (published in December), and though it now takes a bit longer for Outlook 2007 to freeze, it still freezes after approx. 5 minutes...
HELP!

C

cdennisb

Russ:
I have the same problem. If I go to Task Manager and "end process", when I
try to open Outlook, it will take a long time loading, but then there is
nothing in the view screen, to the right of the inbox. Outlook continues to
"run", and if I use task manager to "end process" again, Outlook will open
about half the time. Sometimes I end up in Task Manager two or three times,
before I can get outlook to open.

This is an old problem with Outlook, why haven't you fixed it Microsoft?????

Ask a Question