Outlook 2003 "red flag" problem

G

Goodway Plastic

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this particular outlook problem. In the sent emails folder, I want to be able to see how many of those sent messages were tagged as urgent using the red flag.

I want to see these without having to scroll through all my sent messages, in a bracket beside where it says sent messages. As seen in the screenshot, my inbox shows how many unread messages. I just want my sent folder to show in brackets the number of red flags. I only use red flags so no need to worry about other colours.

I know if i click the flag button on the far right side it will group it and tell me there are 107 flagged msgs, but I like to sort my emails by date, and always have a reminder beside my sent folder to tell me how many emails I have flagged. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=outlookproblemew3.jpg

If anybody could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated, it is quite urgent as it has been bugging me for a long time and I have asked several colleagues, googled etc and have found no solution

Thanks so much!!!

F

F.H. Muffman

bump!

So you know, this isn't a web forum. Simply posting this, to someone who
only views unread messages, shows the word 'bump!' and nothing else, which
isn't exactly helpful, y'know?

Take a look at the rules you can create when sending a message, see if there's
something that allows the action of leave unread.
If you can, that's the easy route. Since unread messages are shown by default
in the folder list, then you get to see how many red flagged messages there
are since sent items are not marked as unread generally.

If that isn't possible, simply use a rule to copy the red flagged message
to it's own folder, configure that folder to show all messages, not just
unread, and add it to your favorites.

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Ask a Question