Outlook 2003 line 1344 Unspecified Error

oldbattler

(e-mail address removed)
Feb 8, 12:10 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
From: (e-mail address removed) - Find messages by this author
Date: 8 Feb 2006 12:10:51 -0800
Subject: Outlook 2003 Line 1344 script error
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am NOT able to print from Outlook 2003 SP2. I get the following
error:

Line 1344
Char 1
Error Unspecified error.
Code 0
URL res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

I have Windows XP Pro (SP23), and I have applied latest patches.

KB Q283176, Q303360 and Q30486, did not solve my problem.
Checking "third-party browser extensions", did not solve my problem.

Every time I have to print an email, I have to copy->paste to
Word....this is driving me insane...

Any suggestions ? apart from using another mail client !!!

Try this solution (it worked for me). Close all programs and go to:
Start -> Run ->
In the "Open:" box type:
"regsvr32 ole32.dll"
(without quotation marks). Click OK.

Arthur Oakley

Kaska

I just had to register to say thanks for the regsvr32 'fix' you posted. I
had tried all sorts of things, reinstalling, running detect and repair.
Nothing worked until I found this thread. Thanks once again.

(e-mail address removed)
Feb 8, 12:10 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
From: (e-mail address removed) - Find messages by this author
Date: 8 Feb 2006 12:10:51 -0800
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am NOT able to print from Outlook 2003 SP2. I get the following
error:

Line 1344
Char 1
Error Unspecified error.
Code 0
URL res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

I have Windows XP Pro (SP23), and I have applied latest patches.

KB Q283176, Q303360 and Q30486, did not solve my problem.
Checking "third-party browser extensions", did not solve my problem.

Every time I have to print an email, I have to copy->paste to
Word....this is driving me insane...

Any suggestions ? apart from using another mail client !!!

This solution restored our ability to print fron Outlook 2000 running on
Windows 2000. However, the dialog box for changing printers (we have 2 on our
home network) from within Outlook is greyed out.

Any suggestions for getting the functionality of changing printers from
within Outlook running again?

Thanks for the help provided.

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Open the message before trying to print it. If you just select the message
in the Inbox, you won't be able to select printers and the message will be
printed on the printer you have set as your Windows default printer; if you
open the message first, printer selection is enabled. I don't know why
Outlook works this way, but this is it's default behavior since Outlook 2000
and possibly earlier.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

Simul8Man said:
This solution restored our ability to print fron Outlook 2000 running on
Windows 2000. However, the dialog box for changing printers (we have 2 on our
home network) from within Outlook is greyed out.

Any suggestions for getting the functionality of changing printers from
within Outlook running again?

Thanks for the help provided.

Danken,

Alles ist gut!