Outlook 2003 failed to start correctly last time

George Vaselakos

When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want
to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help
as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have
also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
scratch and still have the same problem.

I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.

The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.

Any help would be appreciated

neo [mvp outlook]

Try uninstalling WinFax10. (it doesn't allow Outlook to shutdown properly)

Tito Ruiz

I also have that same problem, plus a few others, outlook will not close
properly, will not read my address book, Word will not print to my Winfax
10.02 and who knows what else, had to uninstall office 2003 and back to
2000, now, the funny thing is that office 2k3 works fine on my laptop, and
winfax is also installed there

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

George Vaselakos said:
When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want
to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help
as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have
also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
scratch and still have the same problem.

I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.

The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.

Any help would be appreciated

You are right, it is winfax 10.02. I had to manually
uninstall it and that is what cuases the hang-up.

I really am fed -up with Symantrec and the games that they
have played other the years with their buggy software.
They do not make any attempt to post a fix to this problem
even though I now know they have known for months.

My next question is for suggetions for a fax program
replacement!

Thanks...George
[...]

.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

All current versions of Windows come with Fax software with which Outlook
can integrate.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
[...]

hey russ, can winfax be installed w/out outlook integration?
--

Russ Valentine said:
[...]

Windows 2000 can. Windows XP cannot--it defaults to using the Outlook
Address Book whenever Outlook is detected. Otherwise it uses the WAB.
However the Fax transport is not added to the Outlook profile unless the
user does so intentionally.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine said:
[...]

"George Vaselakos" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and
want
to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not
help
as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I
have
also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
scratch and still have the same problem.

I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.

The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.

Any help would be appreciated

.

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Not Russ but yes :)

If you do that you can't use any of your Outlook address books in
WinFax though.