Outlook 2003 does not remember passwords

G

Hello.

This problem is very frustrating. My Outlook 2003 (all updated) does not remember the password for anything any longer. Not for my 2 POP3 accounts, nor for my Hotmail account. Even if i enter my Hotmail accounts password, it does NOT login, it just keeps asking for the password again and again (and yes, i tick the checkbox to remember the password).

I've tried everything. Repaired Office 2003 installation, ran several registry cleaners, antivirus scans, ad-ware/trojan/etc. scans, without any success.

I've also searched through the KB, without any results.

The weird thing is that this happened after i installed MSN Explorer and ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.0. I Then uninstalled ZoneAlarm Security Suite, and suddenly all my passwords are gone. MSN Messenger also "forgot" my password, along with everything else (Outlook mainly). And i have no idea whatsoever how to fix this.

Could anyone give me some help, hint or tip on how to fix this? what registry entry/key i should look for, fix, or something, cause this is driving me crazy.

I'm using Windows XP Professional with all updates.

Thanks in advance.

G

Thanks for the input. I tried this, but this did not solve the problem.

It seems that the problem isn't only with Outlook 2003, but also MSN Messenger "forgets" my password/login settings (even though i check "login automaticly").

Ask a Question