Outlook 2003 Contact's

SJMP

Is there a way to get the "Company" field listed on the header of the
contact with "Frist and Last Name"?

When you view the contacts you see the first and last name and the address
card. Is there any way to ADD the company name on those headers in addtion
to the name.

Is there any way to ADD the "Company" field into the "File As" option?

Thanks,

SJMP

Roady [MVP]

I don't know where you are looking at. When creating a contact there is an
option to have "File As" include the company name.

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

Per Roady's suggestion, you can add the Company field into the File As
option when creating or editing the contact item. Following is the key
steps.
------------------------
1. In the Contacts folder, create a new contact or double click a contact
item to edit it.
2. In the contact edit window, make sure that you have typed something in
the Company field.
3. Click the arrow button on the "File As" field and choose "Last, First
(Company)". Thus, the company is included in the File As option.
4. Click Save and Close.

If there are a lot of existing contact items in your Contacts folder, I
think that it is not a good idea to edit each contact individually. We can
just add the company field into the show field. Thus, the company field
will be listed in the address card. Following is the key steps.
--------------------
1. Go to the Contacts folder. Click the View menu > Arranged By > Current
View > Customize Current View.
2. Click the Fields button > choose Company in the left pane > click Add to
add it into the right pane > click Move Up to move the company field above
the Mailing Address field.
3. Click OK, OK.

What is the result?

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
| Subject: Re: Outlook 2003 Contact's
| Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:08:41 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| I don't know where you are looking at. When creating a contact there is
an
| option to have "File As" include the company name.
|
| --
| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
|
| http://www.msoutlook.info/
| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
|
| -----
|
| | > Is there a way to get the "Company" field listed on the header of the
| > contact with "Frist and Last Name"?
| >
| > When you view the contacts you see the first and last name and the
address
| > card. Is there any way to ADD the company name on those headers in
addtion
| > to the name.
| >
| > Is there any way to ADD the "Company" field into the "File As" option?
| >

| > Thanks,
| >
| > SJMP

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and
wanted to check on the status of the problem. Please let me know how the
troubleshooting steps turned out.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 03:27:32 GMT
| Subject: Re: Outlook 2003 Contact's
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi SJMP,
|
| Per Roady's suggestion, you can add the Company field into the File As
| option when creating or editing the contact item. Following is the key
| steps.
| ------------------------
| 1. In the Contacts folder, create a new contact or double click a contact
| item to edit it.
| 2. In the contact edit window, make sure that you have typed something in
| the Company field.
| 3. Click the arrow button on the "File As" field and choose "Last, First
| (Company)". Thus, the company is included in the File As option.
| 4. Click Save and Close.
|
| If there are a lot of existing contact items in your Contacts folder, I
| think that it is not a good idea to edit each contact individually. We
can
| just add the company field into the show field. Thus, the company field
| will be listed in the address card. Following is the key steps.
| --------------------
| 1. Go to the Contacts folder. Click the View menu > Arranged By > Current
| View > Customize Current View.
| 2. Click the Fields button > choose Company in the left pane > click Add
| add it into the right pane > click Move Up to move the company field
above
| the Mailing Address field.
| 3. Click OK, OK.
|
| What is the result?
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| hesitate to contact me.
|
| Regards,
|
| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
| | Subject: Re: Outlook 2003 Contact's
| | Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:08:41 +0200
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | I don't know where you are looking at. When creating a contact there is
| an
| | option to have "File As" include the company name.
| |
| | --
| | Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
| | Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
| | http://www.howto-outlook.com/
| | Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
| |
| | http://www.msoutlook.info/
| | Real World Questions, Real World Answers
| |
| | -----
| |
| | > contact with "Frist and Last Name"?
| | >
| | > When you view the contacts you see the first and last name and the
| address
| | > card. Is there any way to ADD the company name on those headers in
| addtion
| | > to the name.
| | >
| | > Is there any way to ADD the "Company" field into the "File As" option?
| | >

| | > Thanks,
| | >
| | > SJMP
| |
| |